Massdrop 500 bucks off the raals

Get a kanto sub6 and duck tape it to your chest boom fixed :laughing:

Well they do sell on body subs for silent studio use, but itā€™s a more niche market

Are on body subs any good?

Yeah, but itā€™s not like an actual sub, itā€™s somewhat of a studio product rather than enjoyment

Hereā€™s an example of a system like that

1 Like

From an engineering standpoint they were very interesting to look at. Besides the uniqueness of it. The driver is really just one thin metal band, so itā€™s not surprising that they sucked at bass. The strip itself was about 2 or 2.5 mil in width and about 3.5 inches long? They had carbon fibery look to the panels, but I donā€™t know if they were CF. It looked like modern steam punk.

When I pushed them I got the same type of sound youā€™d get when a sub would slap. I will say, that from the mids on up, it was the best thing there.

They supposed to be ā€œmonitorsā€ so thereā€™s that.

2 Likes

I woiuld say there was no subbass, and the sustain part of mid-bass and below was very estat like (meaning basically very little or none), but I would also say it was fast and there was no late reverberations to color the sound. Great for classical, not good at all for sub 30 Hz bass where its a key part of the sound.

A lot of feedback from different places on my no bass observation. The consensus seems to be that a 100 watt per channel Vidar was not enough amp to drive these and what I was hearing was more than likely the amp clipping and not a deficiency in the Raals.

I could see that for sure. I think they can do better than the vidar amp wise imo. But the bass is naturally going to be less by design compared to other options