28. Dying Fetus
  29. Blindfolded and Led to the woods
  30. Dead and dripping
  31. Asystole
  32. Ashen Horde
  33. DEMENTED HEART
  34. Fleshvessel
  35. Ethereal Rot ?

I personally am torn between 1 and 6. But 2 and 3 are :fire: :fire: :fire: too!
I think 1 is a masterpiece and better than all Slayer albums combined :joy: :joy: :joy:
Enjoy the listeningā€¦ :beers:

2 Likes
1 Like

Havent heard all of them (and im just getting into death metal recently) but from what Iā€™ve heard I liked 2 and 3 the most. If I had to pick one its 2.

Thanks for all the recs in this thread :fire: :fire:

1 Like

:fire: :fire: :fire: :scream_cat:

Hey, need some recommendations. Got MEST MK2 amongst other ā€˜non-metalā€™ earphones so I need better suited IEMs for metal/fast paced/technical music. Was thinking about Thieaudio Prestige Ltd (Monarch MK3 would potentially be a tad too bassy and shouty) as itā€™s quite neutral and technical (need good and deep soundstage) but maybe something with s bit more warmth for pre '00 recordings? Any other recommendations? Much appreciated! Budget up to 2k-ish

Maybe Prestige LTD, but people who have listened to it for pre-00 records should say. Does it have enough warmth for such pre-00 records or is it too neutral? I will tag now @VIVIDICI_111 , @cal_lando , @hawaiibadboy .
Iā€™m sure itā€™s very good for modern metal, but for older records I donā€™t know, I havenā€™t bought it yet.
BTW I donā€™t listen to old metal bands, except for Metallicaā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a metal head but as was mentioned Prestige LTD came off neutral and balanced to my ear. I wouldnā€™t call it warm. In contrast The monarch mkIII is warmer and punchier in the midbass but also I would be worried about stage and itā€™s ability to keep us as the bass sounds looser/slower on the mkIII vs LTD.

I think the LTD would replay those tracks well but wonā€™t be the most ideal pairing. @GooberBM had the LTD now and might be able to listen to some specific tracks to give you his take. Iā€™m gonna assume the Fat Glam in his possession will yield a better replay though haha

1 Like

Gimme some specific tracks to demo and Iā€™ll give it a try when I can

I can believe that the speed of the planar driver on the FE handles metal well.

1 Like

Thatā€™s right, but weā€™re also looking for other technical features here: stage-depth/width, separation of instruments, separation of vocals from the mix, drum section in the right place/texture and quantity, guitars- shouldnā€™t be loud and should have good timbre and speed, treble extension for the cymbals - they should not be piercing, the double pedals should be distinct, the staging should give a realistic idea of instruments and vocals, overall balance of the sound, good macro and micro dynamics, that there is no boomy bass and that the sub-bass is a little more, very good resolution, etc. So far no Iā€™ve heard of a planŠ°r that does it and Iā€™m guessing this one wonā€™t either!
Metal music isnā€™t just about guitars. So I say Prestige would probably be the best option for that. There may be better options, but they will be $2000+ and with a questionable audio upgrade rate. :wink:

2 Likes

A brand new flagship, soon to be launched

2 Likes

Brilliant Rebirth Listen Extraordinaryā€¦Looks like theyā€™re using the same marketing company as Blon :man_shrugging:

3 Likes