MeyerAudio Thread Discussion and Reviews

My D41 seemed to have less upper mids, only about 6db stock and the balance between bass and mids was off. Sounded a little muffled, had to turn up volume to open things up, but at higher volume upper treble becomes too forward.

I did a mod to increase pinna gain up to 7.5 db. Sound is more balanced overall. Vocals sound better, cleaner.

Red graph is stock D41. Blue is the mod. Kinda looks similar to EJ07M, with more air

1 Like

There are seems to be unit variations between D41 out there. Some reviewers who loved this IEM have higher pinna gain than my unit. Of course there is probably variations between 711 couplers too, so who knows. But I do like D41 after the mod

1 Like

Incoming 1+4+2 looking good!

2 Likes

Turns out the Prototype were quite far off final tunings and the new version is significantly nicer

They took my advive added more bass in with more mid bass and compensated by adding in more mids and treble. Great Job :+1:

2 Likes

To me it looks like quite a good vocal set. How does it compare to other vocal sets around its price and above?

I see it measures closely to the Wind (which I love for its big powerful vocals) from about 1kHz and above.

2 Likes

Give me a few days of ear time and I will let you know in first listen I was super happy. I also love the Wind and can tell you this does have more authority in the bass.

2 Likes

Appreciate it brother!

Been looking at your graph between the SL41 and the D41. They seem similar until the treble region, how would you describe the overall results for both around this area? I’ve ordered the SL41 and hope it’s not too shouty to my ears

1 Like

Probably won’t be too shouty, if it is, just put a mesh filter on, usually solves the issue while retaining that nice vocal emphasis.
I strongly suspect that SL41 will offer a smoother experience in the treble at least. That 14kHz peak of D41 killed it for some people, myself included.

D41 was also narrow in staging performance, don’t know how it compares to SL41 in that regard or technicalities in general.

2 Likes

I think I might prefer the SL41 for vocals, Definitively not shouty but has more forward mids than the D41 and because of the extra energy the stage 3D has picked up some.

2 Likes

How’s the staging width, height & depth? Was once if my main complaints about D41.

1 Like

Blowing my mind $190
MEYER-AUDIO SLIIVO SL41 1+4

:grinning: Another flavourful of amazing tuning from One of the best tuners in China working with Meyer-Audio
:grinning: Organic Viseral Bass
:grinning: Zero Bass Blead into Mids
:grinning: Incredibly clean and detailed mids
:grinning: Just the right amount of energy In the Upper Mids
:grinning: Perfect balance of fun and technical performance
:grinning: Treble and extention that makes Instrumental and vocals simply ummmmmm!
:grinning: One of the nicest included cables.

:face_with_peeking_eye: New recessed 2 pin Cable makes using your some bit not all your favorite cables a challenge.

Video Live:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKEgiXM

5 Likes

Well Im disapointed! Received mine this week and looking at the comparison of the Flushed 2 pins (new model) vs the recessed pins (old). I definitely got the old one. On their Ali Express page they have 2 listing but almost impossible to differentiate which one is which.

That’s rough buddy.
@ToneDeafMonk Where do people go to buy the latest (finalized) version? Hifigo?

I Dont know who has the final version except the AliExpress store. I would buy directly from Meyer-Audio on AliExpress and leave a message.

Recessed 2 pin and Final Tuning are what to ask for.

1 Like

Sent them a message today. They told me that they have the same tuning and that the difference between the pins (recessed vs flushed) do not change the sound signature. They assured me that both versions have the same graphs.

FWIW I purchased directly from the Myer Audio store on Ali Express :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Any that are sold now will be final tuning.

I sent them a message to make sure.

They told me yesterday there was no flush 2 pin.

Frustrating as you only want to get what tuning you are expecting and none of this fuckery.

2 Likes

Hmm a bit frustrating because I’m not sure what I’m getting or suppose to get. Am I getting an older model or the new tuning with the flush 2 pin? O that mistery…

1 Like

Copy me your order number and I will make sure you get the new one

4 Likes