Microphone/headphones combo help

The headphones are now able to be a lot louder but I haven’t experienced any noticable quality increase.

I just need to wait for the XLR adapter.

Gotcha, that’s where the heresy comes in to the equation later on :+1:

ftfy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I thought that I killed the microphone by playing a little bit with the interface and plugging it into the motherboard, but no I didnt! (Still works on a small recorder I bought)

The plug from my motherboard is dying!
It isn’t even able to capture any sound from my microphone and makes very interesting static sounds.
Which also change when I do something on my computer (like moving a window).

Ah that’s no good

Do you want to hear what is happening?

It’s really interesting: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mp3zlrz7ql2qea6/Desktop%202020.02.28%20-%2021.04.19.01.mp4?dl=0

1 Like

I have the converter!

Now my voice is crystal clear and I have the new problem that I need a new keyboard because I’m not able to filter the click sounds out! xD

2 Likes

Nice lol, now that gives you the excuse to jump further into the hobby of mechanical keyboards lol. A nice board with zeal zilents or a silenced topre would be nice lol. I would be curious to see what you think of a dedicated headphone amp for your fostex later down the line

audiophile + Mechkeys, cmon M0N this poor man needs to be able to eat.

I’ve been restricting myself from jumping into the hobby, but those keycults looking mighty fine lol

1 Like

I dabble in it a bit. It’s a dangerous rabbit hole. Really crazy how expensive it can get. Happy enough with my prefab board and one modular board. It’s what originally brought me to massdrop. I think one day I will do a full custom but that’s like minimum 400 dollar cost of entry. That being said a good keyboard can last several decades.

Bread and water should be more than enough :innocent:

I’m also well aware how dangerours good mech keyboards can be, my step father bought two keyboards each 1000$ one modular and one for his desk… AND IS THINKING ABOUT A NEW ONE!

1 Like

Not unusual in these types of hobbies lol

1 Like

one of the few hobbies where DIY actually means exponentially more money

Well he is a programmer and made a fully customized keyboard with 5 different typing layers, using a lot of macros and a non standard base layer which you first need to learn how to use.
It’s unique and has a guarante of 10 years.

Macros are nice to have lol

Especially the modular one is interesting since the macros are saved on the keyboard itself and work on every system without extra working than plugging it in.

I should also note, that the keys are vertically align, it’s super interesting to just watch him type.

It’s an ortholinear keyboard?

1 Like

yeah that’s how it’s called

1 Like

Interesting lol, I couldn’t get used to one of those

1 Like