Mobileaudiophile.com (MBA) Corner

Kiwi Ears Cadenza is just reviewed in mobileaudiophile.com We have a winner here, a freakishly good iem for $35. Go have a taste of it. Thanks to Linsoul for meeting us.

Pros__

Natural, organic, bodied

Balanced

Great resolution and layering

Silent background

Cons__

Soundstage isn’t so wide

Very rare sibilance

Cable is hard to insert

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors

1 Like

Thanks for pointing it out. Corrected.

Simgot Em2 Roltion first impressions are fresh out of the oven. It’s quite nice to see a company that stands out their line “Salute To Art and Science”

Moondrop Variations a.k.a. the former king with 5 drivers (1DD+2BA+2EST) is reviewed in mobileaudiophile.com He was something in his time. However, passing time didn’t fade him out and he is still kicking and punching his way up under loads of new chifi iems added to the pile every week.

Pros__

Transparency

Neutrality

Energy

3d imaging

Soundstage

Cons__

Technicalities aren’t particularly good

Vocals not strong

VDSF tuning isn’t for everyone

Cable is mundane for its price

Lack slam of new gen Moondrops

2 Likes

Hey there,

Just a heads up as you may not have noticed: would your site be broken ? I have 404 errors to some reviews I wanted to read, and the homepage doesn’t look its prime.

2 Likes

Hi. Thanks for it. The website is in the middle of a huge technical crisis but it will be restored today.

1 Like

Our website is back on track save some minor issues. Everybody enjoy and have tolerance for the issues that will be fixed ASAP

2 Likes

I don’t mind, really.
I sent the message for you and your seo :wink:
Glad you figured out what was going on.

1 Like

Thanks friend :pray: Happy new year :fireworks::balloon:

1 Like

This is our corners first post in 2023: read Chris’s through review of Kiwi Ears Cadenza.

2 Likes

TangZu Audio Wan’er is reviewed by Fahry. A nice and fun alternative just like QoA Gimlet to tech heavy iems. Link is at the below.

Pros__
Tuning Masterclass
No Real Sibilance unless the Recording is Sibilant
Forward mids like other Tangzu earphones
Lovely Packaging at this price

Cons__
Technically Average
KZ-like cable

1 Like

Kinera Hodur is reviewed by Chris. Meet a jack of all trades.

"Kinera Hodur ($299)

1DD / 1BA / 1EST

Full Review of the Kinera Hodur: https://mobileaudiophile.com/…/kinera-hodur-c-loves-take/

At the link you can find my full review of the Kinera Hodur. I am part of a US tour of the Hodur and I am very happy to be able to have some good time with a fantastic iem. So, thank you so very much Kinera. Obviously this in no way impacts my review.

The theme of the Hodur is so very well thought out and implemented into iem form. The Hodur is the first of Kinera’s iems of the “Dark Series” of the Norse God mythology themes and I’d say that Kinera nailed it. The Hodur is a beautifully crafted set that is built very solid with aviation grade aluminum and wave like ripples flowing over the faceplates. Premium all the way. Kinera chose a tri-brid set-up for the Hodur using 1DD,1BA and 1EST and somehow the Hodur sounds nicely coherent and pleasing. The Hodur is dynamic and energetic all the way out. The Bass is pretty deep but also punchy and clean with an emphasis in the mid-bass. It’s full, robust, and energetic. The midrange is very well defined and resolute with a smoother sound that really brings a nice atmosphere to vocals. It is detailed, vibrant, robust and melodic. The treble region catches so many details and uplifts the whole spectrum with a high energy but controlled presentation. The EST Driver inside is very fast and resolving yet not overly boosted & bright. I hear nothing too shouty or sibilant or metallic either. Just a well tuned and well constructed iem from top to bottom in my opinion. Obviously I will go into greater detail in the review along with a couple short comparisons as well. All in all I really enjoy the sound of this set and can’t wait to see where Kinera goes from here. Again, thank you to Kinera for being so kind to involve me in this tour. I appreciate it very much. I hope all of you are doing well and thank you for visiting and checking out my thoughts. Take care and stay safe everyone.

Hodur Pros

-Design

-Comfort

-Package/Accessories

-Build Quality

-Clean & very resolute sound

-Very detailed

-Very rich, dynamic & musical

-Non-offensive sound but very energetic

-Clean, tight & deep bass

-Speedy transient response

-Energetic yet controlled treble

Hodur Cons

-Neglected to add the 2.5 modular cable attachment

-May be a bit bright for some

-Those who like a warm and easy sound may not like the Hodur

-Bass may also be a bit much for some

Comparisons: Fiio FD5 / Mangird Tea"

1 Like

This quite corner will face an agonizing match in two weeks. TRI i3 Pro will face the Letshuoer S12, and the winner of the old and current will do the final match with the shiny RaptGo Hook-X. Reserve your seats and wait @VIVIDICI_111 @JAnonymous5150

Victor Homer

6 Likes

Can I guess who will be the winner? :slightly_smiling_face:

Good idea! Let’s collect the bets :smile:

Ok. I’m betting on S12, definitely :notes: :smirk:

1 Like

I’d like to see the I3 win, just to disturb the pack, but let’s face it: the safest prediction is the Raptgo-X; so that’s where I’ll put my virtual money

I’m going S12. I have owned/own all three and I prefer the S12 to the Hook-X. What I’ll be really interested to see is how he treats the comparisons with the OG i3s. They are very different from the other two, the tribrid tech brings some interesting advantages/differences to the table. Definitely looking forward to seeing how it goes and I think this is gonna be cool! :+1::metal::sunglasses:

Truthear Shio and Hola will join the scene from the budget standings. https://twitter.com/truthearlab/status/1610842456056012802?s=46&t=3ONLuf0aaQVaWJoI7RaH8Q So it’s a $18.99, interchangeable cabled, 1 DD iem. And a powerful dongle which incorporates a dual dac chip + 4.4 and 3.5mm connectors

We trust Truthear based upon the older releases

Image courtesy of Jason Lucas

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors #iems-other:official-iems-and-specialties

iKKo Asgard Oh5 First Impressions are below :arrow_down:

To begin with, we have a one-of-a-kind design. It is rare to utilize ecliptic nozzles plus lithium magnesium diaphragm

DESIGN

Earphone material:

Titanium alloy + resin

Wire material:

Single crystal copper silver plated hybrid cable

Connector:

0.78mm 2-pin connector

Wire length:

1.2m

Plug Diameter:

2.5 mm+3.5mm+4.4mm

SOUND

Sensitivity:

112dB

Impedance:

32Ω

Frequency response range:

20-40KHz

Sound principle:

Dynamic drivers

First impressions will be made with the iPad Pro, and both tip pairs will be used. I won’t use foam tips of any kind for its first impressions. Tracks which took part here:

Polyphia Playing God

Jazz in the Pawnshop Limehouse Blues

Driving Hans Zimmer Live in Prague

I: Usual silicone tips: I am hearing a bodied guitar timbre with freakish details yet smooth presentation. 50/100 volume level isn’t creating distortions. 100/100 never did either.

II: Unusual silicone tips: I believe I am hearing a more sensitive iem that possesses an amount of brightness that allows it to be described as “bright” right away. The same amazing level of detail could be observed here.

You’ve read the results of the iKKo Asgard Oh5 first impressions. Stay tuned for its comprehensive review!

Read detailed first impressions here:

3 Likes