Mobileaudiophile.com (MBA) Corner

I haven’t been paying attention to specs of latest sets but that 5.3Ω impedance is a new low for me…!

Looking Black And White GIF

2 Likes

I was just about to say the same thing, is that 5.3 Ω impedance real?! Holy crap!

Buy a iFi IEMATCH peeps put everything back to 16 ohms and sounds terrific

IFi gobar has it built in as well i believe

1 Like

One of the fresh new units that the T men have is called Tanchjim Space Lite. This unit is so new that it has not even been declared yet.

I made my first sound impressions using the same method I use for all other dongles, and I arrived at results that were simultaneously impressive and unsatisfactory for both the dongle itself and the VE Avani dongle.

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors #equipment-electronics-source-gear:dacs #equipment-electronics-source-gear:amps

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not buying gear just to run IEMs because manufacturers have decided to throw compatability standards to the wind. Once you’re talkin’ single digits count me out. :roll_eyes:

I see. I will test it with an iPod Nano 6 today and report back. How much power could it muster?

Gaming time!

Simgot EA500 has the fun and technical grades of B and B- in its stock form, red nozzled.
However, it’s not a AQ4, which is vibrating your guts after large caliber gun shots, or a tiny HM - which is a prodigy when it comes to technicalities both in music and gaming.

2 Likes

I hadn’t run into any issues up to this point. Every one of my sources pushed it to the absolute extent that their DAC chips would allow. The most recent iPod nano 6.

With a volume level of 50 out of 100, Joe Bonamassa’s Blues Deluxe is producing a sound that is between medium and high. In addition, the backdrop is completely dark. I can only hear tones with a bluesy feel.

Giorgio by Moroder provides a pleasant break from my trials. This song is fantastic, and the soundscape is quite expansive in your ears. His voice has a lot of texture, which is indicative of his advanced age. If you focus your attention, you may make out several distinct layers that lie beneath the main line.

Jawbone, a member of Snarky Puppy, is not an exception. The fact that funk music can be played with instruments that have metallic sounds added to them is a testament to the genre’s capability.

In spite of the fact that the source was somewhat old and had low driving power, I was able to enjoy a problem-free listening session with it. I can admit that it had no issues with the one digit impedance, and the proof is in my experiences with the MBA2022, Dethonray DAC, V30 Dac Off, and now the iPod nano 6.

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors

1 Like

While I appreciate the info, I wasn’t worried about a lack of power so much as the fact that many amps, even if they can run that low, aren’t designed for it and it causes them to run in unstable conditions that potentially decrease their shelf life and long term viability. Not to mention the fact that an impedance rating that low means that any amp with an output impedance over 0.625ohms would likely cause changes to the FR of the IEM. It’s silly to me reward an IEM manufacturer with my money when they weren’t willing to take an extra few minutes to design an IEM meant to operate even close to industry standard specs. I’m not some dude who thinks any IEM below 16ohms is inviable and I own a couple that are under that, but once we’re talking about single digit impedance ratings (and not even high single digits in this case) the difference and potential issues aren’t small. It just shows a lack of forethought and design on the part if the manufacturer and I’m not paying for that. Everyone else is free to do so and I hope they’re great for those that do buy them.

3 Likes

Fostex, which is renowned with its high end TH line and intensively moddable Tp50 models, was up for the IEM category back in 2016. And the TE-02 WP model was crafted. WP is for waterproof. But don’t let yourself fooled with it’s name. The inital listenings you will be reading about its sound is quite opposite and it’s not related with summer, water sports etc.

Type: Dynamic

Frequency Response: 20 – 20000 Hz

Impedance: 16 Ohms

Sensitivity: 93 dB/mW

Max. Input: 50 mW

Cable Length: 1.2 m

The soundstage is so immersive and almost 240 degrees wide. Its timbre is neutral. Actually, I sensed a higher ceiling than I had previously seen in Letshuoer Galileo. However, Te-02 is missing the slam or punch of the low end in favor of a neutral listening experience. But David Gilmour is more than happy to have listened with that. So is the David Bowie, Millennium and Queen too (may Mercury RIP)

From modern budgets, clarity, 3D imaging, harmonics, details, layering, and texturing stand out. It will be compared with Salnotes Zero, Kiwi Ears Cadence, Truthear Hexa and Dunu TitanS.

I sense Tascam TH-02 potential with it and they required a huge amount of power to shine. Just thinking; why not TE-02 too? Keep your eyes peeled for its review.

2 Likes

My initial impressions are positive on Letshuoer Galileo! Its balanced with higher-than-acceptable layering, and micro details as well. The soundstage is not as high as I would prefer for a stadium concert, but it is wide enough to provide me with fresh air.

These were the initial conclusions taken via ipad 10. Sorry, there won’t be the high power of dx300 in its review as mine is on the way to China…But I will get through it and use a powerful dongle or maybe SG1!

2 Likes

Simgot EA2000 Boson’s inital impressions are published. I would like to thank the Simgot for adding a tech favoring tuning over the strong base. This is only brief, but pros cons comparisons different plugs etc. are reserved to it’s review. See you next week.

" Using the ipad 10 and the TruthEar Shio dongle gave a boost to its low end. There was a step-back in technicalities. The OG timbre of EA2000 is slightly laid back, but that dongle is shouting as “Come join the mix; don’t be that reluctant!” Despite its playback being forward, I am hearing technicalities that I have never seen in sub $300 category before.

Texturing of violins is one of the greatest merits, along with layering, instrument separation, and being respectful of the record. However, keep in mind that this can be a minus as well because it might turn into a record picker in its review."

2 Likes

The Soundpeats Opera05 has injected joy in the way we experience gaming and music. The sound is explosive, delivering a powerful sonic experience that immerses gamers and music-lovers alike. The bass is tight and prominent, but not overpowering, and the treble is crisp and clear. The mids are balanced and full, providing a warm and rich sound that is perfect for enjoying all types of music. The soundstage is wide and spacious, making it easy to locate individual instruments and effects. Additionally, the sound quality is fragile enough that smooth jazz can be enjoyed without harshness or distortion. Overall, the Soundpeats Opera05 combines the best of both worlds: an explosive gaming and music experience and a delicate touch with only one tick of bass for smooth jazz…

PROS

• Impactful basses

• Sharp midrange

• Better than OK treble

• Has EQ support

• Passive NC is good

CONS

• Can loose or slide down

• Software can be buggy

• Not the calmest one

• Size is fearsome

#iems-other

Simgot EA2000 has been reviewed at MBA. I was captivated with its atmospheric capacity and neutralness that give you just enough bass at electronics, just enough bass at dubstep and more musicality than your everyday music.

PROS

• Atmosphere engine

• Well measured

• Record picker

• Not so hard to drive

CONS

• Neutral means source dependant at the same time

• Not so nice plug changing

• Not the sharpest knife in the drawer

• Treble is lagging behind others.

3 Likes

Do you have a graph of the EA2000?

hbb.squig.link and ianfann.squig.link both have EA2000 graphs

3 Likes

Seeaudio x Z Reviews Rinko has been given its initial sound impressions. The review will cover more than that. However, be ready for a slightly technical—what an immersion!—and fun loaded planar iem with 1 DD.

1 Like

The intro to your review said it’s a 1DD+2BA.

1 Like

Which one did you mean?

Rinko.
Later on the article says DD+planar.

3 Likes