Mod House Audio T60rp Argon!

Since the t60rp Argon exist,from that time i always want own them!I decided not too long ago to order the xenon suede pads version with alcantara strap!
They arrived 3,5 weeks to Hungary!I had to pay a huge amount taxes when its arrived(thanks Hungary :laughing::fu:),but after i tested them i dont give a fuck,still worth it!!
Meze 109 pro made me sell the ndh 30 and t60 Argon did the same with the 109’s,but that meze too good to forget!I know a cheaper alternative to the 109 pro’s which is on the way thanks to Zeos,but lot of you will figure it out what iam talking about soon,and i will let some experince about that headphone when its arrived!I enjoy the t60 argons that much i decided saving money for a Zmf! Thanks for Ryan,you are the Goat!

6 Likes

Start a second savings account so you can get the mod house planar that Ryan is hand making.

2 Likes

Yes,my eyes on it! I will wait some reviews and maybe choose Ryan’s planar instead a zmf!Any info about Ryan’s planar price?

1 Like

The rumor is $1500 but the dude hand makes everything but the driver so…this sounds bad but I hope he prices them in ZMF territory so he can actually produce enough for demand.

Okey, and thanks! I am believe Ryan made that planar to worth at least 1500!And looks freaking great too!

1 Like

That is Zeos’s price range.

1 Like

You know it brother!!!

It looks like I have a set of Argon Mk3 heading my way…. As a sole IEM user until this point should I be prepping with some amplification? What’s over powerful in IEM land could well be underpowered in Planarville. I have an LG V35 and likely a BTR7 on the way, but no desktop level amps.

2 Likes

Congrats on the new Argons! As for amps, the BTR7 should get them loud enough through the balanced jack, but I would think you’re gonna need something significantly beefier to really get them singing. A desktop amp with a watt or two per channel is generally what I’d recommend for a moderately hard to drive planar like the Argons. As for specific suggestions, I don’t have a pair of Argons so someone else would probably be better qualified to answer there.

I hope you enjoy the heck out of those bad boys! :metal::sunglasses:

1 Like

Sorry this is becoming a more general question, but if I went from my LG V35 to an amp, I wouldn’t need a separate DAC as the quad DAC would be used to process the signal and then the amplifier would just “enlouden” it? It’s looking pricey to get a DAC/AMP stack but I might be able to afford just a desktop amp if the LG using USB OTG can be the source.

1 Like

You could just get a cheap stack like the Monoprice Liquid Spark pairing. The LP was on sale for $339.00. Now, THAT is a deal! Not usable with IEM’s though. Very high gain. Would make those Argons sing. :grin:

If I need that amount of money to make them sing, then these aren’t compatible with my budget and I’ll have to pass them on after listening to them mumble :rofl:

Maybe just try the Liquid Spark stack? Less than $200.00 for a full stack and that Liquid Spark amp is wonderful. The amp was on sale for $68.00, I believe.

2 Likes

Just for info to use the internal dac on the LG I think you’ll need to use the phone’s 3.5mm out to connect to external amp, not USB out. Similar use-case in that I’m using my old V30 purely as a source but connected through USB to FiiO Q3 (portable dac/amp) I just picked up, running UAPP. Using USB audio it bypasses the phone’s internal DAC - I double checked the phone system settings and quad dac is off and all settings greyed out.

2 Likes

Kind of you to share, thank you!

Its my opinion for all of you who talking about here phones and low budget amps and portable dacs!
If you own one of the argons forget all about this!
Argons needs the most power as you can give it ti him and quality also important!Its the same thing with the hd600’s more quality amp or dac or a combo more beutiful sound!Hd600 also not scale well on low budget systems most of the times!Its the way!I own both,specially i found just 2 days ago a “old” hd600 as brand new !
Give them what they are deserve it!

1 Like

Didn’t mean to spread any confusion/consternation here - just trying to point out differences in using an LG phone as a source is all.

1 Like

Yeah,and i l tried to say if you own these devices dont bother using these with,and at least buying these headphones for those devices!Beacause you never get their close to full potentiol!There are whispers about this on the internet to years back too!
But if you do that because you are corious about it its fine too! Just unnecessary!

Yes, I get it - I think there is just something getting lost in translation. To clarify - I am not running this or any other headphones off the V30 → FiiO Q3.

1 Like

Yes, you could use 3.5mm to dual RCA cable to from your LG to an amp to take advantage of the DAC in the LG and the muscle of a desktop amp. When it comes to amplifying a pair of headphones (any pair) opinions how much power and what level of quality you need will vary from person to person just like anything else in this hobby.

I don’t own the Argons so I can’t speak to synergy and perfect matches, but if you want something cheap with some muscle that’ll give you a good look at what they’re capable of even if it may not be the absolute best, I would just grab a Schiit Magni. They have the Magni 3+ on clearance right now for $79 (still comes with full warranty) and their new Magni + for a little more. I own the HE560s which by the specs should be a little harder to drive than the Argons and I have used them with the Magni 3+ while on the road and they sound infinitely better than they do out of something like my BTR7. Do they scale beyond the 3+ with more power and increased quality? Yes. Do they still sound quite good with the 3+? You bet they do.

There’s nothing wrong with grabbing the Magni which is the most powerful amp in that ~$100 range that I know of and seeing how you like the Argons and then if you dig them and want to see how much better they can get you start saving up for an upgrade.

Also, as of yesterday the Liquid Spark amp was on sale on Monoprice for like $62 or something. It’s slightly less powerful than the Magni and I prefer the Magni because it sounds a little more open and cleaner, but I thought I should mention it if you’re looking to save some bucks.

Anyways, I hope this helps and I really hope you dig the Argons. The price for my advice is that you have to come back and update me on how they work for you, okay? :wink: