Modhouse T60rp Argon

Whatever you do, it will add up quick. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Might as well just pull out my 401k so I can get more headphones.

2 Likes

Agreed. You gave the financial stipulation though. -ius stack is $400.

Asgard 3 will give you 2.5w through single-ended, it was my choice vs Magnius.

1 Like

Buy this:

1 Like

Thanks for the shout out!

So I have had my T60rp Argons for over a year now. And yes it is power hungry, but with that said I have found that my JDS Labs Atom drives them to uncomfortable volumes when set to high gain and dial turned to noon. With that Said the Argon is wired for balanced so if you want to spend a bit more money looking for a balanced amp would be worthwhile.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. i ended up going for the black asgard 3/modius and just going to wait. I really donā€™t need them until the argons come in, and the argons are delayed way more than the Schiit stuff. Silver just doesnā€™t do it for me. My entire desk setup is black, essentially.

@MarlFox - Given how much of a powerhouse the Asgardā€™s are, I figured Iā€™d save some money in the future not needing balanced cables.

Can anyone recommend some pads? I mistakenly bought Mr. Speaker Alpha pads and they have become bass cannons. I had the Ori suede pads and I loved the sound signature, but they got too much to worry about with the up keep. The alpha pads also put too much pressure on my lower head

I use the ZMF oval suede pads, super comfortable. But what do you mean by to much upkeep?

I was curious about that too. I am using the Oval suedes that come as stock.

My issue with the Oval suede is 2 fold. The first is the the pressure it puts on my ears because the pads are SO thick. Second is the material, I had Ori Suede pads from ZMF but I didnā€™t know they get dirty (my first type of pads like that) so I washed them. I donā€™t want to wash them and ruin the pads, which I already did, and have to buy new pads every 6-12 months.

Ideally I am looking for pads that arenā€™t bloaty like the Dan and Clark Alpha pads. They are leather and comfortable at first but the pressure is a bit much because it is also really thick, but it also adds so much midbass it sounds like high resolution Beats. I liked the sound on the Ori Suede but the inside ear hold was just a little too small.

1 Like

Thinking about ordering a suspension strap from mod house, not sure which of the two I should go with. Anyone have some advice on which is prefered of the deerskin or alcantara?

I am using the dear skin one myself. For leather it is super soft, and nice. I have no experience with the alcantara. But I dont think they are to expensive so if you dont like what ever one you do decide to get you could order the other and swap them out yourself.

1 Like

Nice thanks. I was thinking of going for the deerskin one. Iā€™m finally fed up with the thick and stiff stock one.

I have the alcantara on my T50 Argons and deerskin on the T60 Argons. Deer skin is way better in my opinion. It is super soft, supple, and thicker than the alcantara.

2 Likes

Can confirm deerskin is very comfortable. I believe itā€™s stitched by hand too.

1 Like

Well now that is 3 for deerskin. Thanks yā€™all

I just stayed with stock and find it just fine.

Honestly the stock one isnā€™t that bad, but I do get a hot spot on the front middle portion after an hour or so. Itā€™s a pretty stiff and thick strap. I figure if $25 can half that or get rid of it completely, then they are all day comfort for me. The new pads I am using certainly improved comfort as well by 20-30%, so getting there.

Fair enough. Whatever works for you! :+1:

1 Like