🔷 Monolith Liquid Platinum

Reasonable but unfortunate lol, good to know tho

1 Like

Order has shipped. Estimated delivery, Friday :flushed:

2 Likes

I can confirmed that, I bought an used LP originally bought in the US. I only had to put a plug converter…

1 Like

Phrik, it is $484 now and I bought the CTH for $175 a few weeks ago… :frowning:

It arrived! For the tubes, are the sockets usually tight initially? Seems like it requires some force to push the tubes in

2 Likes

Yes, they are a bit tighter typically. Just make sure you get them in there properly, don’t feel afraid to push down a fair bit to get them all the way in lol, the tube isn’t going to break or something (if you are doing it right)

3 Likes

I prefer the line up the pins and gently wiggle the tubes in (I want to say gently, but there is still a fair amount of force involved) approach.
But yes new tube sockets are always tight.

2 Likes

I had the same concern for mine… its quite a bit snug no worries.

1 Like

K I pushed the living crap outa the tubes to get them down there lol. I’ll take some pics later after I get back home

Welp, I bought one because of its current sales price ($484) and its power output for my planars (4-pin XLR output). Although I do like my LCD-2’s on my CTH like Mr. Cavalli did, my HE-500 is a bit on the meh side of things. Not looking forward to searching for match pairs if I want to tube roll on LP. I tube rolled on the CTH (just a single Amperex bugle boy) since I found the treble on the stock 6922 EH to be a little harsh and unrefined at times after >100hrs of burn-in, it was worse ootb.

2 Likes

Currently using it with the hd800s. Initial impression is the combination sounds great!

14 Likes

There it iiis.

So guys i want to keep 2 Headphones probably the Arya im guessing once i tested all of them.
Maybe i will sell the rest and buy a closed one like the Eikon? Im not sure.

10 Likes

Is that wallet under the LP an allegory? Lol

6 Likes

Haha yes >.< Hes triumphing over my money. My Audio Equipment is on a revolution at the moment.

2 Likes

Lol. I noticed that too. HiFi gear oppressing the wallet. Well done.

2 Likes

Is that the Aeolus? Have u had the chance to try it on the LP?

Yes im trying all of them at the moment.

1 Like

I’m very much looking forward to your impressions and comparisons of all these!

What my impressions? uffff. Im not that guy that can tell you about frequencies and how they changed i feel like a casual everytime i read people saying complicated stuff.
It feels like a nice step up against the Jotunheim that is what i can tell you.
With EQ my LCD2C, Arya and Elex Sound even better than before. The harshness in Voices and Treble that i can find in nearly every Headphone get weaker. I always experience that stuff but depends on my “mood”. But the sound also feels more intimate i think.
I feel like the bass gets deeper into my ear on Arya on some Tracks and im digging that shit.
People say the design is a bit bland and boring but i like the Style way more than the Jotunheim. Looks great!
This thing gets super f… hot all around but i guess it’s normal im fine with it just a little scared.
I have not had time to really try it on the Aeolus and it’s only single ended which would not be a fair comparison. In a few weeks i get a extra cable for that.
The Sennheiser HD800s is mainly used for gaming always was.
I never enjoyed the HD800s that much for music i tried it but still prefer the others over it. Cant even tell if it got less boring.
Maybe its the lack of bass.

Overall with the promotion in the deals thread it feels like a steal it’s an AMP that is better suited to my Style compared to the Element, SMSL SP200 and Jotunheim.

For everyone in Europe or Germany you can order it on your doorstep for 484+ 112 shipping thats Like 500 Euros compared to Shops selling it for 1100€ in Germany.

This description could be from a 5 year old.

6 Likes

Glad you are enjoying it :+1: And it should keep getting better as the tubes burn in as well

It does get pretty warm, that is normal

The SE is pretty mediocre so it prob wouldn’t lol

1 Like