🔷 Monolith Liquid Platinum

I have ordered from Schiit and Monoprice. Both take about two weeks to get to me, as I choose the cheapest methods. Even then, with exchange, nothing is cheap.

Trying to link Newegg Canada for the liq Plat.

Yeah, its ridiculous. I was hoping they’d open a canadian store on amazon to save on shipping but clearly they’re not interested

1 Like

I saw that but the price is about the same as buying direct. To smooth out warranties I would rather buy direct, unless it’s much more expensive.

It has a five year warranty, which I believe is the same as Drop’s warranty in that it is just an exchange.

Just simplified the order for me. Has duties included.

There are no duties, just taxes. If you order direct they charge item, shipping and taxes (which I found weird for an American company). But my Liquid Spark was delivered with no additional fees.

Just as a point of trivia, my open box Liquid Spark was bought for $80.00 in US$'s.
My landed cost with conversion, shipping and taxes was $155.00 in Canuck bucks.

Even entry and mid level stuff is expensive for us. :laughing:

To be totally honest, I’m getting a bit sick of the cost, especially for items that are actually made here in Canada and having to pay a premium on them, like Bryston. To say nothing of HST

I’m also a bit tired of how hobbled our selection across the board is from hifi shops.

I agree with every word you said. The upside for me is that I am very near end game, at this point. Never say never on more gear, but I am really enjoying what I have now. I have an amp on the way and two that I am selling. After that I am done.

Not to say I won’t buy another headphone down the road, but it will be more like one item a year, if that.

And I will have to unplug from the online forums! :laughing:

1 Like

Lol yeah. Theres a handful of amps and dacs I want and a few speakers/headphones then I think I’ll probably be good for a while myself

I’ve got my eyes on the Meze Empyrean. Only then can i call it quits.

That’s what you think lol

3 Likes

Sounds like you still have quite a ways to go. :grin:

I have just been listening to my Grado’s every day with my tube amp and it is awesome! I want to try out my Koss Electrostats but the Grado’s are already plugged in and it sounds so good… :laughing:

Even five headphones is still too much variety. :joy:

Wow, you are a high roller!

Using the balanced output helped the sound a lot even on the stock tubes like members here have suggested. Really opened up the sound stage.

So… After 15 minutes of listening to the amp with the tubes replaced by 1959 6922 sylvania d getters i am smitten. Such a smooth and pleasing sound.

Stock tubes sounded great but instant satisfaction from the d getters being swapped. They took the treble down just a peg on the Ananda but added so much depth to every instrument i have heard so far. Incredible.

5 Likes

So… the Liquid Platinum or the RNHP?

I was tracking via DHL and hoping for Monday morning delivery. All of a sudden I get a call from the front door and the post office is delivering my package on a Sunday!

My baby is pretty cold. Have to give her several hours to warm up.

8 Likes

It depends on your headphones for which one would suit you better imo

Very curious to see how you think it stacks up :+1:

You and me both!