🔷 Monolith Liquid Spark Dac

what does it sound like? strengths? weaknesses?

Before I answer that, what reviewer typically answers those questions about a DAC to you?

1 Like

M0N and his ‘impressions’.

:cold_face: This is a strange apology.

3 Likes

Well he doesn’t do reviews, and has made it clear he does not want to as far as I remember, so that doesn’t count, next?

1 Like

why do you think I said impressions?
if you agree the Spark amp is warm, what are your first thoughts on the Spark DAC performance?

I feel the spark has a mild touch of warmth, yes. The dac MAY make that touch of warmth just a little bit more warm. That’s about it. It’s a solid performer for $100.

3 Likes

oh nice to know they are actually dropping. if this is any good I might grab one and chain it with my d10

Curious if it pairs better to the spark than the D10. I do like the way the stack looks though.

for a more balannced setu I assume the d10 is a better pairing as many woont want to get the stack too warm. I on the other hand welcom warmth and will check them out when they cross the brrder on canadian amazon

I can’t remember the last time a conversation about electronics made me smile and laugh so much, the last few posts Bantering back and forth were really funny and done in good spirit, thank you guys for the laugh :rofl: :clap::clap:

3 Likes

fopps is just scared of saying something quotable, so hes being owly :wink:

I’m just not going to over analyze a $100 dac, that’s all. And I’d need a considerable amount more time with it to even do so.

6 Likes

I agree with needing more time to do something you’re not going to do anyway. Totally live like that, myself.

Also… so long as there are no obvious glaring flaws, I think $100 DACS have entered a new era of awesomeness and “sounds like a $100 DAC” is currently a very high recommendation, and all that really needs to be said. Kudos!

1 Like

If our baseline is the d10 we are doing pretty good

Exactly this.

2 Likes

@j.fopps’s impressions were correct solid dac for the price. I will add though coax sounds slightly better than usb. Slightly wider and slightly less treble

also thanks to @j.fopps for selling me this unit and hooking a bro up

5 Likes

Whatcha think @RiceGuru This or d10

Looks like it could be a good complement to the spark. The combo could sound amazing when it comes to vocals from what’s been said above and how the spark sounds from personal experience.

This cause the d10 is hard to get legit