šŸ”¶ Monoprice Monolith M570

In another post u said you are using dt990 with xbox. Which one is it? DT1990 or DT990?

M0N, for horror atmospheric games, also the audioquest nighthawk?

That would be pretty freaky with the nighthawks lol, that would be pretty awesome. I personally canā€™t really play horror games though as I get jumpscared too easily and it drives me nuts lol

2 Likes

I hate jumpscares too, even non-horror movies some jumpscares scare me to death!

I used dt990 before, used. Now I use dt1990.

You recommended the m570 to me for positional accuracy in FPS gaming and you ranked them number 1. How come you donā€™t have them anymore? I just ordered themā€¦

with the 2 weeks I owned the m570 I cant say I agree. positional audio was good sometimes. but not the best. the treble is way too forward to be good for gaming., forward treble can be beneficial in games but in this case it felt like actual assault. I do own the dt 990ā€™s and love the treble on them and find the forward treble on those quite useful in games.the imaging on those and positional audio overall is my favorite in my collection for competitive. the m570s also have QC issues here was mine.
My monoprice m570 issues, a more comprehensive post about my problems with them

2 Likes

M0N, nighthawk vs nightowl? For immersive single player gaming.

The nighthawk is more impressive to me imo

Current setup.

4 Likes

lol al coming from the controller gotta do what you gotta do thats pretty great

2 Likes

There are other headphones that I like the sound of more. The Nighthawk carbons for example. The m570 is still a great headphone and is the best gaming headphone that Iā€™ve tried but I value music performance more than gaming performance so thats why I returned them.

1 Like

I used the nighthawks to play through Resident Evil 3, the original one on the psx. Was a pretty great experience.

2 Likes

So after my disappointment with the M570ā€™s hollow resonance, I am still curious about planars. I was otherwise impressed with the sound for music, but when itā€™s just someone speaking the resonance was intense and reason enough to return them. Budget under $500. Do the Aivas or B20s have this issue as well? Iā€™ve also been eyeing the Verum 1, but Iā€™m hesitant about that one because I would not be able to return it for a refund if it doesnā€™t satisfy my taste.

Thanks. Which one is more immersive and fun for Single Player games, Nighthawk or Argon MK3? I love bass with rumble and punch but i hate muddy bass.

The Argon will have a boomier bass, but the midrange might get a bit muddy because of the bass.
Nighthawks sound a bit too easy for games if you want to play something that is very immersive and powerful in my opinion.

Felix

1 Like

when u say easy for games is this good thing or bad thing?

What I mean by easy is that they are a tad more laid back, if you are looking for immersion then Argon > Nighthawk.

Felix

Ok so Argon Mk3 > Nighthawk for single player immersion (horror, witcher 3). Letā€™s see what JJPablo has to say and I will pull the trigger after. I love rumble bass with a punch and good soundstage but i hate muddiness.

Yeah, no one is a fan of muddiness. But as I can see you are playing games in which immersion is a massive benefit. The same with FPS games. The Argon is the way to go.

More relaxing games such as Fez, or something that doesnā€™t involve big explosions like Dota would be better for the Nighthawk.

Felix

Strange, I find the argonā€™s more traditional in sound, doesnā€™t really seem as immersive to me as the nighthawks, but thatā€™s just me. I think the presentation and signature on the nighthawks makes it very exciting