🔶 Monoprice Monolith M570

If the aiva’s had the 570 headband it would be perfection

I personally prefer suspension style headbands, but that’s just me

1 Like

just got my pair today. trying them out now and I like the cable better than the Aiva’s and the headband too. The headband on the sendy’s werent solid enough for me. The tilt and swivel is better on the M570’s than the Aiva’s.

Thing is they sound the same, but the Aiva’s sound better. I’m sure ive already broke the Aiva’s in, so maybe thats why?

the aiva’s sound like they have a little more soundstage, and theres some congestion in parts of songs in the m570’s. Bass isnt as good either. i think i detect a little bit of a veil too.

1 Like

oh yeah, they dont sound nearly as good. I tried “Light Travels” by Simple Minds and they could not handle it. My Aiva’s handled it np. I’m gonna try breaking them in. And i’ll order those earpads from musictek and we’ll see if they dont shape up.

Well you could just swap the pads on your aiva with the m570 lol

1 Like

i know lol. But the Sendy Aiva’s are holy and sacred. I’m really reluctant to mess with them lol

Fair, I personally dislike taking off pads because I worry about breaking something lol

3 Likes

they measure almost exactly the same, except the 900Hz ringing and some less peaky treble.

1 Like

What’s the audible effect of that 900hz weirdness? Is it literally ringing at 900hz?

no i didnt hear any ringing, but i havent listened to it at higher volumes

1 Like

It’ll make the headphones more “honky”. Good for saxophones. :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw an early review from a Chinese website in 2018, they said when Sendy Aiva first debut on a Chinese HiFi, the pads were just the normal shape of pads, and people were not impressed by the sound at first. It may be why they decide to make the unique angle shape for their pads, make the sound more unique and fun compared to other headphones.

Swapping pads on Aiva is not hard, you can easily take it out. Though, you might need a little bit works for putting other pads on.

no racial epithets please :laughing:

1 Like

there seems to be some little differences there to me. I admit they do sound a lot alike, but the Aiva’s sound better. im as disappointed as anyone. i wanted to send my sendy’s back for a 300$ refund, then i was gonna buy new headphones with that 300$ now all my dreams are dashed!

I’m breaking them in now. got them connected to my phone and playing cool tunes all night. i ordered the sendy pads they should be here soon.

Remember that the Sendy Aiva’s have metal dotted grill in the cups. It makes them look more like semi-open more than just open. The M570’s seem to have a little more blocking on the outer grill but a mesh inside that, it doesn’t seem to cover as much as the sendy’s. idk, maybe something about this driver responds well to more semi-closed headphones? I think i might like more semi-open to open in a headphone.

well like i said above, they sound better in every way. Aiva’s have better soundstage, bass, treble. the m570’s sound congested, sounds like there’s a veil too. Almost like there’s 2 models in a series and the M570 is the lesser one and the Sendy Aiva’s are the M580.

But like i said i haven’t broke them in yet and tried the Aiva pads on them. I also ordered the Blon B20’s when they were on Drop for 350$ So i’ll be comparing those when they come out too.

1 Like

Still not sure why you refuse to swap pads on them. That’s 99% of the sound difference.

1 Like

ok so i broke the m570’s in, about 24 hours play. Got the new Sendy pads and swaped them. but they still are not as good as the sendy’s. I swear theres a veil there. when i swap over to the aiva’s its like the music comes alive more. The m570’s dont sound bad. but they dont match the performance of the Aiva’s.

On Zeos community section of his youtube channel he said he heard that the M570’s were “meh af” wish he would have posted a source. hope hes not just repeating what he read here lol. I’m sure he didnt. he probs has another source that said so.

2 Likes

Interesting, very interesting, I wonder if other people are having the same experience

1 Like

JDM says better than the 1060C with open mod? Shut up and take my money.

1060CO is one of my fave headphones of all time. I’d love to know more about the differences in sound between them and the 570

1 Like

The m1060c has a fair bit better bass response and is wider sounding then the m570 (going off of the aiva). They both generally have a v shaped sound. The m570 is more detailed in the treble and imo has better imaging.