šŸ”¶ Moondrop Blessing 2

Yaay itā€™s finally here

6 Likes

Nice. How are they?
Iā€™m still waiting for mine because apparently thereā€™s a worldwide balanced armature shortage.

I really like them. I was worried about possibly a bad fit based on the reviews Iā€™ve read, but they fit perfectly for me. I just plop them in and can use them for extended listening sessions without discomfort.

I know itā€™s a minor thing, but I hate the way the cable looks (the connectors housing). You can see the soldering and wire folds through the clear housing, which imo looks very cheap.

However, sound wise, overall Iā€™m enjoying the blessing 2 a lot. I particularly like the detail retrieval and mids.

3 Likes

Yeah he puts dekoni tips in everything without knowing it sounds awful on some iems like the starfields sound terrible with foam tips

1 Like

Well he still like the Starfields with foam tips. Tips effecting how an iem sounds is problem with iems as a category though. Doesnā€™t really matter if iems sound great if they donā€™t fit or are uncomfortable.

1 Like

I got the Blessing 2 last week. Had a random $30 off coupon for headphones.com and they matched the Black Friday sale price from Shenzhen, so ended up nabbing them for $240. My initial impression is that the hype is very warranted. Still in the honeymoon phase but they fucking rule.

1 Like

Ooh thatā€™s good to hear! I ordered mine off Shenzen for 11.11 and requested a custom faceplate so I still havenā€™t gotten mine yet. Iā€™m still waiting on the B2, but also a Shuoer Tape Pro and the Peacock/Reecho Spring 1, and I just got the Thie L5, which is my favorite set right now. I hope the B2 holds a special place among these.

The Moondrop KPE was my first IEM over $100 and I fell in love with IEMs afterwards. I had some really great memories with that set because I brought it with me to my first trip to Japan, and I remember wearing it in super loud environments and being impressed with how much of the quality still came through. It saved me from a lot of headaches. Iā€™m now hoping Moondrop brings something wonderful to the table again with this B2 set!

I have had the Blessing 2 for a couple of months now and the Shuoer Tape Pro from last week (plus many others). When I hear either male or female vocals I grab my Blessing 2. They are warm with a mid-base emphasis which is wonderful for vocals. They also have enough detail to satisfy. I agree with Crinacleā€™s assessment: they are some of the best tuned IEMs on the planet! I tried to use foam tips, like Zeos, with them and that will completely mess up the base. I use AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC 2 and shove em in, just wonderful. I found Zeosā€™s review perplexing but now I know. The Shuoer Tape Pro are better with purely electronic music because they are very fast and even more detailed, just not as well tuned. The Blessing 2 seem impervious to EQ but fortunately donā€™t need it. Donā€™t hesitate to buy.

2 Likes

had androsā€¦havent touched since these arrivedā€¦i find I use iems out and about and the andros while nice, are a sit down with and pay attention to details thingā€¦which i do with cans NOT iems. the andros will likey get sold. really missing the puch of a dynamic. i have sets of solaris, atlas and cascades coming - interested to get the full breadth of campfire in my noise holes. hopefully the rumble is a bit better with them. these are a steal new and typically you can find em used for 50-100 cheaperā€¦i would say a must for any arsenalā€¦btr5 and these are so so so good for walkaboutsā€¦spintips or other silicon/foam tip and audio bliss out and about

is it true that they donā€™t fit if you have smaller ears? are they that bulky?

1 Like

I normally use a medium small to small sized eartip and Iā€™m normally really sensitive to pressure from uncomfortable nozzles (either too long, sharp, or wide) and the B2 nozzle whilst wearing feels average. Thereā€™s no particular discomfort unless I put it in and roll on my side for a couple hours. The nozzle diameter is more of a problem when finding compatible eartips more than anything else.

1 Like

Hi, I am new here. I have a few question to those who had the chance to test the Blessing 2 , B2 Dusk and the Tin P1.
I currently own the Tin P1 and the Fiio BTR5. I recently found a very good deal for the Blessing 2 and was wondering whether it is worth to upgrade or not. Even tough I really like the combo with the P1 and the BTR5 I wish it had a tiny bit more Bass and also a little bit more Soundstage. So I have a few question:

1. Will the Blessing 2 sound it more like the Dusk if we EQ it? Will there be some noticable difference?
  2. Is there some major difference between an Tin P1 + a very good DAC/Amp and an Blessing 2?
  3. Is it worth it to upgrade to a Blessing 2 from Tin P1 or should I just buy a really powerful AMP and EQ it?

If you already like the P1, you might not like the B2Ā“s timbre and tonality.

With EQ you can improve the P1 a lot in the bass department and also a bit with the unnatural planar timbre in the treble. Although soundstage isnt something you can increase with EQ that much. (you can boost the upper-treble to increase the perception of air but the P1 already got a lot of upper-treble.)

1 Like

do you think its worth the upgrade or should I get just a good DAC.

No, I even have the P1 above the B2 in my ranking. (with EQ on the P1.)

Get a powerful amp, thats what you need for the P1.

The Ifi Hip-dac should be the cheapest portable amp that have the power to drive the P1. Otherwise you need to go up to mid-tier daps.

Or you can get a desktop amp like the JDS atom.

1 Like

Ok. Thank you. I will definitely try it out

my PEQ preset is in my database for the P1. (and other iems)

Wellā€¦ I clearly find the Dusk a lot better than the P1. I think it is a better overall IEM and even if I EQ my P1 I donā€™t get the bass like the Dusk; and the mids of the Dusk is where it shines even more. Even with EQ I find them very different. I can rec both, bc I really like both, but the Dusk is for me a better IEM.

I would get the Dusk over a new amp (Sorry Rikudou) for that alone, but also bc I prefer to update the IEM over an amp upgrade. Especially for OTG usage (idk if it is for OTG or desktop you use it).

Remember: ears are different :wink:

3 Likes

That leaves me confused. l might have to get the Blessing 2 and test it out for myself.

See if you can listen to them somewhere, that is always the best thing to do before a buy.
But we have different ears, so what i like may not be the same for you.

1 Like