šŸ”¶ Moondrop Blessing 2

I havent tried the B2 dusk, but if it has improved bass over the original, and less BA timbre, I can see myself recing them over an amp for the P1.

The P1 needs a stupid amount of powerā€¦

1 Like

Unfortunately I wont be able to try them out before I buy it. I will be getting the Blessing 2 not the Dusk, since I got a good deal for it. Will there be any difference between them if I EQ the Blessing 2 ?

I have not heard the B2, so I canā€™t say. But there are a lot of good reviews about both and also between the two, so read them, that will help.

Here is one with both:

and just the Dusk:

1 Like

Hey Rikudou_Goku,
I purchased an used Blessing 2 today and you were absolutely spot on. I donā€™t enjoy the Blessing. I much prefer the Tin P1. I donā€™t know why people are praising the Blessing so high. For me as an Noob, they sound very bland. I just realized that I found somebody who shares my music tastes. Thank you very much!

3 Likes

yeah, its over hyped and over rated. Very unnatural timbre across the range. The Oxygen that is going for the same signature is much better.

You can trust @Rikudou_Goku to deliver accurate IEM information.

3 Likes

I have one question regarding your recommendation. I was considering of getting an ifi xCan for 200ā‚¬ used instead of ifi Hip DAC, since the xCan has Bluetooth unlike the Hip DAC. Do you think its worth getting an Xcan or should I rather get another IEM for 300ā‚¬ in the future? I really like the airyness and the Crystal Clear Highs and the mids the Tin P1 offers. But it lacks bass and sub bass. Will the xCan solve the issue with xBass? Should I just get the Shuoer Tape instead of investing more money on the Tin P1? Do you have any other recommendation which is similar to Tin P1 but with more bass and maybe also a little bit more of concert like feeling (I guess we say it soundstage or airyness )?

The Tanchjim Oxygen is better than the P1 to me, they both have a bright neutral signature but the Oxygen doesnt have that anemic bass that the P1 has.

Not sure what source you are using right now but if you already got a source in the 100 usd range, I say its better to go up the iem ladder rather than spending more on the source as of right now.

But if you are say, using it off a smartphone then your P1 is crying for more power. But having more power will still leave the bass very very low in quantity and still anemic IMO.

The Tape NEEDS EQ though so if you dont use EQ then its a giant NOPE.

I am using the Fiio BTR5. I am afraid that I dislike the Tanchjim Oxygen because I have heard the Oxygen uses the same dynamic driver as the Blon Bl03 which I already have and I highly dislike them because they have too much bass for my taste.

Those 2 are polar opposites. Just because they use the same driver (IF they do), doesnt mean they sound the same.

1 Like

Ok. I am gonna try it out. Thanks for your advice!

np, enjoy.

Curious how youā€™ve EQā€™d the Tape Pro (unless you mean the original Tape?). Iā€™ve had them for a couple of months now and sometimes I love them and other times I just find that something isā€¦ off with the sound.

I canā€™t quite put words on it, but itā€™s enough to bother me. Itā€™s not so much that a specific frequency is bothering me on most tracks, more just that the sound signature seems off. Much in the same way that I thought the LCD 1 sounded horrendously wrong.

Bass seems spot on, if a bit overemphasized, but at least itā€™s better than the stock configuration (swapped the blue filter over the vents from the normal silver). Vocals on the other hand sound a bit far off in a way, itā€™s just a slight bit further away from where I usually prefer it. Some accoustic and electric guitars are unbelievably sharp in a very fatiguing way, but so far Iā€™ve only found one artist / album that made me scream NOPE (All shall be well - Blauwgeel).

Maybe this is a call for me that I should replace them with something like the Blessing 2, but Iā€™d rather try and fix it with some mild EQ if possible, since theyā€™re fine with most music I listen to.

EDIT: Using SpinFit CP155 tips by the way. Theyā€™re a heavy improvement over any of the default tips. Also much better than the CP360, as those are too small and need to be stretched over the nozzle, which kind of negates their ability to wiggle in the ear canal for a proper fit.

Have you read my review on it?

The Tape PRO, is garbageā€¦not even worth trying to EQā€¦

I feel bad about you guys that had to spend money on itā€¦but you can get a lot better sound from something like the blon 03 or even the blon 01ā€¦

I was talking about the Original Tape, because the Pro doesnt exist. :joy:

1 Like

I donā€™t think I have, I probably should. I bought it way ahead of your review I think. I basically pulled the trigger on them the second they were released. I do have the blon 03 and overall I prefer them. Or at the very least they donā€™t bother me. The Tape Pro can deliver better detail I feel, but they come at a cost of being too fucking big for their own good, weird shape for my ears and a cable thatā€™s oversized (although nice build quality).

Oof, lol

But yeah I was mildly disappointed when I wasnā€™t getting the detail cannons that the original Tape were proclaimed to be. Still I donā€™t think theyā€™re bad, just that Iā€™m not impressed and I feel the Starfields were a much better purchase. Not to mention I didnā€™t have to go around looking for ways to fix or ammend my issues with them. I should have just saved myself the waiting time I had to put up with for the Tape Pro. I was actually looking at the Blessing 2 before I decided to go for the Tape Pro even. :sweat_smile:

For all the shit I give the B2 (mostly due to how over hyped it is), I take it 100/100 times over the Proā€¦

The original Tape is leagues ahead of the Pro. THOSE ARE detail monsters, especially micro-details, BUT they still need eq to tame down that 3.5k peak (and yet, I rather listen to the original in stock rather than the proā€¦).

In my entire experience of reviewing iems. the Tape pro, Kinera Freya and the Periodic Audio BE stands out as garbage. Those 3 are review units though, so I didnt lose anything other than my sanity and timeā€¦

@Rikudou_Goku If you already have the Starfield, KXXX & FD5, do you think the Oxygen would be redundant? Iā€™ve usually always heard great things from Oxygen owners but was shocked to see that graph you post of the Oxygen vs the KXXS. Wow! Remarkably close!

Wellā€¦ the Oxygen IS an upgrade to KXXS/Starfield since they are aimed at the same type of music.

So yes, it indeed is redundant in that it makes your KXXS/Starfield useless.

FD5 and the Oxygen is different though, so no redundancy their except them both being single DDĀ“s.

1 Like

I will mention that before I bought the KXXS, I did see that graph and saw how similar they are (like near identical lol). I went with the KXXS since I thought I was saving money and still got the same thing (yes I was a noob back then).

Fast forward like 2 years and I got the Oxygen. And oh boy was that a mistake to not buy the Oxygen back thenā€¦

1 Like

Graphs only tell a portion of the story.