Moondrop KATO, KXXS successor IEMs

Moondrop KATO has already been released in China domestic market. Hopefully tomorrow it’ll be launched internationally. Price is set as 999 Yuan which translates to around $150. It features newly developed 10mm ult moving coil unit 3rd gen DLC diaphragm dynamic drivers. These will also feature replaceable sound tubes.

Specs:

Name: KATO flagship advanced technology dynamic in-ear headphones

Element: 10mm-ULT moving coil unit

Diaphragm: third-generation DLC composite diaphragm

Headphone connector: 0.78-2Pin sinking

Body: MIM stainless steel

Stainless steel sound tube2, brass sound tube2

Standard wiring plug:

3.5mm stereo single-ended straight plug

Frequency response range: 10Hz-45KHz (IEC61094, Free Field) Effective frequency response range: 20Hz-20KHz (IEC60318-4, -3dB)

Resistance: 320±15% (@1KHz)

Sensitivity: 123dB/Vrms (@1KHz)

真: <0.15% (@1Khz, AES17 20Khz, A-Weight)

13 Likes

I’ll need to know if there’s been any apology or explanation about their recent image posting which suggested reprehensible company culture. Can’t personally support them regardless of interesting products if that has not been taken seriously.

5 Likes

Hifigo was banned.
They opened another account.

4 Likes

They still are…deleted as HFGF is not a storefront for their products!

4 Likes

Anyway, despite all of that, I am curious to see if they really are true sucessors to the KXXS and the Starfields since the Starfields are after all a cheaper KXXS. I will wait for some reviews of it when it is now available to get, since at first I am planning to get the Mangird Teas.

Hope it will be a huge improvement, and aesthetic-wise it’s very pretty imo.

3 Likes

I‘m tempted to pre-order them. They look quite stunning imo and the replaceable nozzle design, plus their own new Tips intrigue me quite a lot.

I‘ll probably just go ahead and do it. I‘ve had three of their IEMs till now (Dusk, Aria, Variations) and all three have been incredible, so the chances of this not being good should be quite low I reckon.

5 Likes

For sure, so far I have a good track record from Moondrop, since I use my Starfields and Arias as my daily IEMs today. Though with some cons such as the painting chipping off from my Starfields and apparently an issue with my Aria that its paint is somewhat bubbling or whatever you call it, a minor gripe but overall the sounds I get from those for the price is overall good.

4 Likes

Teas.

Sorry wrong thread.

1 Like

Yes, Teas.

5 Likes

Problems of audiophile weebs :joy:

2 Likes

Fortunately (unfortunate for others), moondrop cables are usually crap. So not hard a choice for me lol.

1 Like

I’m hyped that you got Kato. LEEZZZ GOOOO

1 Like

(I will confirm it after I have seen the tracking number lol.)

1 Like

So we’re all not done with Moondrop after their social media smut?

1 Like

Probably, but I get hyped when riku gets nice stuff to review.

1 Like

We don’t know if it’s nice yet lol.

@nymz right now
GokuExcited

@Resolution right now
kazuma

5 Likes

Im just happy that u get saught after iems to review. Wanna see you grow. Im prolly skipping kato unles its a godsend…

1 Like

Honestly, I personally think that was a major screw up on the person responsible for their IG account, given how shocked representatives in different forums were and how quickly it got taken down.

2 Likes