Moondrop KATO, KXXS successor IEMs

2 Likes

Good but not exceptional? Hana 2021 recced over it. Probably because of staging width and imaging.

2 Likes

More and more coming… what do you think of this guy? I got irritated by how he opened the box (I assume it was him)

1 Like

Cheapaudio man can be funny. I don’t agree with everything he says but he does have a sense of humour.

In his recent DAC tier list, his opening line mentioned something about DMS being a retired professional MMA fighter and Josh Valour being a sea lion trainer (or something along those lines)…

He also proved his sense of humor rating Modi as S tier and iFi Neo as F tier :smile:

1 Like

This review just dropped. I trust this reviewers’ impressions.

2 Likes

I’m going to skip this “review” purely because of how the box looks and what You wrote… :smiley:

Where I live it’s impossible to hear iems they are all blind buys. I love to be able go and listen to iems.

2 Likes

Lol bout Teas

Special delivery for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cable looks nice

Yeah same, I have to order it as well and hear it after getting it. It can be a 50/50 sometimes but hey you got to do what it takes to get an item in your hands if it’s available elsewhere.

I want to see more Kato to oxygen or Hana comparisons. There have been a lot already but I’m wondering which one will be easier to listen to for long sessions and which one has a less thin sound, because I tend to lean towards “thicker” sounding iems.

3 Likes

Yeah the Hana and Oxygen from what I have been hearing about them are up there in echelons of high praises, and I agree that it can be a good idea if those 3 IEMs you mentioned have a detailed comparison to one another.

I think I am still leaning towards the KATOs and I know I am a bit bias but I had experienced with Moondrop products and overall they are great, not sure about Tanchjim but I do hope it can be same result as Moondrop, once I have the chance again to get some IEMs.

2 Likes

My KATO is a few days away from arriving.

It’s in the US right now with DHL, hopeful reaches here in Canada soon

Let us know your thoughts about it once it’s there in your hands, it would be a huge help for people who are planning to get a purchase of it.

He’s more into reviewing stereo speakers and amplifiers. I like his sense of humor.

I wish I had the 7hz and oxygen/new Hana to compare to. These seem to be the current $200 kings. Kato is 2-4 days away according to tracking. It’s been stuck in customs in the meanwhile.

There’s a healthy competition going on in $150-$200 IEMs. KATO, Hana, Timeless to name a few. Crinacle is reviewing Timeless soon.

2 Likes

My only wish is that Hana didn’t look like fake plastic jewellery.

2 Likes