Moondrop KATO, KXXS successor IEMs

He’s more into reviewing stereo speakers and amplifiers. I like his sense of humor.

I wish I had the 7hz and oxygen/new Hana to compare to. These seem to be the current $200 kings. Kato is 2-4 days away according to tracking. It’s been stuck in customs in the meanwhile.

There’s a healthy competition going on in $150-$200 IEMs. KATO, Hana, Timeless to name a few. Crinacle is reviewing Timeless soon.

2 Likes

My only wish is that Hana didn’t look like fake plastic jewellery.

2 Likes

It would be cool if they release a jet black Hana, like the KXXX.

3 Likes

Alright finally got mine not hopefully they have something to compete with the timeless :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’ll post some initial impressions later tonight or tomorrow

6 Likes

Super excited to hear some comparisons

Stock cable broke already…

4 Likes

any in particular?

1 Like

well I hate both cables using tripowin zonies now (which go for $15-$20) so pretty sad Aria cable is also better than both digging how they sound so far though

1 Like

That’s pretty disappointing. Is that the preorder upgrade cable or the stock cable? I hope someone will measure the resistances of both soon @Rikudou_Goku maybe. I wouldn’t mind sending mine to someone for testing if they paid for shipping both ways but at that point they’re probably better off just buying the cable separately once it’s available.

As for comparisons I’m mainly interested how they perform vs the oxygen and new Hana 2021. Maybe the timeless 7hz too. I want to hear which set has more note weight or thickness, cause I don’t really like thin sounding iems like the fdx1.

I see you have said that the thor mjolnir are your favorite single dds and that you have the teas too, would love to see comparisons to those. Of course, everyone would love to see comparisons to oxygens/hana and timeless too :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry to hear about the cable though…

Mine did too…that’s one reason I pulled my video

1 Like

that was the stock that broke but I also don’t like the upgrade cable (poorly done housings for the 2pin and the ear loop is bent so much it doesn’t stay on the ear)
I can do comparisons vs the timeless later

1 Like

I actually sold my tea’s since I preferred the timeless but will certainly do comparisons with the Thor Mjölnir and 7hz timeless

2 Likes

Really looking forward to those comparisons. Looks like the stock cable still sucks. At least it looks and feels nicer I guess? I hope the upgrade cable is any decent but I already have a good 4+4 core copper/silver cable from xinhs that I really like, apart from the fact that red right side indicator has already rubbed off with almost no use…

Cable is best in feel of any Moondrop I have tried.
His pin fell out. My connector that holds the 2 pins cracked in half pretty much.

2 Likes

Oh my, that is not a good start. If I am going to buy something for that price point, I expect it to be in a well-made condition. If there’s an another QC like that every time I buy a Moondrop brand product, I think that will be the last ever one that I will ever buy again.

I got strikes 1 and 2 from Moondrop so far in terms of QC, but if there is ever a time I finally got the KATOs and this QC problem happen still, that’s strike 3 from me.

1 Like

Daily reminder!