Moondrop KATO, KXXS successor IEMs

Hello, thanks for your support firstly. We apologize to bring you such an unhappy experience. Pls DM us or email [email protected] for a replacement.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Wait, what?

2 Likes

Almost forgot about the fd5, if you or someone has these I would love to see a comparison to those too

It would be unbelievable if you were not looking right at it.

2 Likes

Im speechless, to say the least…

Where’s my Mangird sales rep?? Everyone needs some Tea in their lives!

I’m outta here before I get triggered by this :joy:

Since there’s no rules, buy this kato:

2 Likes

@MOONDROP Can you please explain to us the aural differences between the steel and brass tuning nozzles and why one might use one over the other?

Everyone who has reviewed the kato have all been saying different things, one guy said there’s more air/high range treble, another is saying that it makes it more warm/bassy, and it’s just confusing at this point.

Graphs haven’t helped much either, on super * review’s squig it looks the same but the brass nozzle has a larger peak at around 14/15khz. On @crinacle 's graph the brass nozzle looks slightly warmer. Vsg’s graphs makes the treble look a bit sharper on the brass nozzle but less extended.

I’m sure any of this can be accounted to unit variance or measurement inconsistency (since it’s well within margin of error), so I’m hoping you guys can clear up the actual intended differences of the tuning nozzles for us.

2 Likes

@lemon07r and

You have both posted in here 30 times. More than anyone.
Have I crapped on the set?
Have I even subtly tried to direct 1 single potential buyer to go for another set?
Anything even remotely sus?

Nope.

Guy says he has a bad cable ( he did not tag moondrop) I posted that i had same issue. ( others had it on Variations)
I did not point that out.

Moondrop offers to service 1 person and not the other. Me :thinking:

1 Like

10 character

1 Like

I’ve been posting here a lot out of boredom… and yes all that is true, and yes I’d be annoyed too if I were you… but what does this have to do with me :anguished:, I was busy stuffing my face with french fries so I didn’t even notice them gloss you over lmao.

I’ve already said in other forums and on discord that the moondrop forum reps (with all due respect) kinda suck and are a little trolly, not sure if it’s intentional or cause of a language barrier. I remember asking on headfi about the upgrade cable preorder bonus and what difference there was, and I thought they were trolling cause they responded like this:

then even when they finally gave a proper explanation they acted like I was asking a stupid question and as if they didn’t just give me a troll answer lmao:

Solid iems, not so great PR.

2 Likes

Sorry… :sweat_smile: I was raging.
I’m over it now.
I’ll just move on and roll my cable :raised_hands:

1 Like
1 Like

Kato vs Mjölnir
Kato has a bit less sub bass but for most songs overall bass impact is still close
Kato has more relaxed highs while still retaining a similar level of sparkle
Kato mids are more in focus/forward
Kato slightly better soundstage/imaging
overall Kato comes across as relaxed but not to the point of being boring
Verdict Kato- more for chilling, Mjölnir- more for fun

1 Like

Actually, sound is relatively subjective, and there is a difference when listening to different music. Personally, the brass has more bassy. Thanks for your inquiry.
Yes, both nozzle has the same FR, it helps a little. Any questions are welcome.

2 Likes

@MOONDROP I’d like my faulty cable exchanged

1 Like

Yeah, man, pls contact us or the seller for an exchange.

1 Like

Email: [email protected], or DM. Thank you.

2 Likes

But…but I was just curious that’s all.

I am just into the KATOs lately and I really want it to be very great to begin with.

I mean I could just stop posting here if you like, no harm no foul after all if I am being annoying here lately, if I am I apologize for being so.

1 Like

But…but

I was just trying to get some customer service.
And I did.

It’s literally the post above yours.
It’s all over.

4 Likes

Careful, getting too into an iem before you even try them will most likely lead to disappointment or a really strong bias that clouds your judgement.

I’m just here for fun and am buying these knowing I’ll sell them if I don’t like them. Luckily these will be very high in demand when I get them so I’ll be able to sell easily if I don’t like them.

Also don’t take @hawaiibadboy to heart, just another person like me or you. He’s a chill dude, just a little expressive haha. I think he was more annoyed with moondrop than you.

Wow, just looking hbb’s squig I expected the mjölnir to have way more bass, especially since it’s supposedly very tactile “beryllium” DD bass.
I love a little slam for fun but too much is fatiguing for me in long listens. It’s nice to hear that the kato gets close but is still a relaxed listen. I’ll give my impressions soon vs the fdx1, dusk and a few others. Can you compare to the timeless next?

Thanks this does actually help a bit. Does anyone have any idea how steel and brass affects sound resonance? From what I understand the cavity of the kato is brass, and some iems (I believe the fdx1) use a steel cavity, so I’m curious what the differences or drawbacks of using one over the other are. I’ve been trying to google the sonic differences between brass and steel but haven’t found anything yet, at least relating to headphone usage. I’m just curious at this point for nerd reasons.

2 Likes