Moondrop Starfield (TinHiFi T4 Killer?)

The JVC are essentially a different tier of performance, it’s just the higher-performing iem here

1 Like

yeah more so waffling on purchase order I’m not so much considering them as equivalents.

You mind if I make this an official thread?

Has anyone listen to these yet?

I like them, tried them at canjam, pretty much a cheaper kxxs which is a pretty nice iem, def recommend for someone who is looking for that type of sound

1 Like

That is OK
Moondrop Starfield is popular now

Here’s my take on the Starfield’s
LGv20, Stock tips, Tidal/Spotify

Build:
Overall nothing to complain about for the price besides the cable. Cheepy feel

Comfort:
Seems like standard comfort for in ear. Around the ear is nice, forgot a couple times they were wrapped around haha. I don’t think they are too heavy

Sound:
Instrument placement is excellent
Details are really good
Sound stage is just wide enough, very nice
Percussion really stand out with these and separate from other instruments
Acoustic/Electric Guitars are great, not too harsh
Bass guitar isn’t too punchy but accurate and smooth.
Keyboards and Pianos are really good
Highs can be slightly harsh but not too bad
Deep bass can be muddy but sometimes its really good
Mids are pretty clear and clean, I like that
Vocals, especially female, really shine with these

Overall:
I really like these. Very smooth. Good detail and awesome sound stage. Just enough bass, good vocals and not too harsh treble.

Songs I listed to:

“Close to Me” The Cure
“bury a friend” Billy Eilish
“Drop” Cornelius
“I Can Change” LCD Soundstage
“Something Holy” Alice Phoebe Lou
“DARE” Gorillaz
“The Knock” Hop Along
“Black Diamonds” Big Thief
“Samson” Regina Spektor
“I Like It” The Marias

9 Likes
2 Likes

Anybody have the Moondrop Blessing 2? from the few reviews on head-fi and YT they seem to be pretty awesome, especially if you like a more neutral tuning (which I personally do). Eyeing them as my next set possibly, but will wait for more impressions first.

Does anyone know why there are a pair of plastic tweezers and three pairs of grills included with the Starfields?

I definitely didn’t get them with the S8s (I don’t think anyway). The filters look similar to those included with the JVC HA-FD01 and the Fiio F7 somewhat. For those iems, they act as tuning dampers, at least for the Drop version of the JVC that can change the FR slightly. If there’s nothing explaining what they are intended to do with the Starfields, they may simply be there to prevent wax and dirt from getting into the iems? Try adding them and see if they change the sound any.

it’s so you can replace the filters when needed. just in case the pre installed filters get clogged with your earwax which is a more common problem the you think with IEMs

2 Likes

So the filters are kinda shit with the Moondrop (paraphrasing what they said themselves) and they clog up quite fast with earwax or moisture. It already happened to mine after a week in the right earpiece. They now have new filters which supposedly don’t clog up as fast, I ordered this and am very excited to have them in about a month :p.

2 Likes

Out of interest as I pulled trigger on the starfields today.
Are the grill metal?
Could be cleaned in ultrasonic cleaner?

Not sure, though not the entire filter is metal even if the grill itself is. But they’re like $5 for 10 pair so I’d just swap them out instead of cleaning them.

1 Like

Thanks, just being nerd like :grin:

(I don’t have the Starfields.)

FYI, I like that Comply foam tips have a… “foam grill” in them. I just wash the foam tips with soap and water when they’re dirty. Easier to wash than a tiny metal grill… or the IEM itself.

So got these yesterday, had them playing on the side till about hour ago.

Massive step up from my kz 10 pro.

5 Likes

Less treble peaks than the ZS10 Pros?

(Edit: According to crinacle, a million times yes – no peaks at all, just harman-like.)

I love blue and I gave my blue ZS10 Pros to a friend… :thinking:

Yeah, definitely less treble ‘peaks’ compared to zs10 pro.
The stock cable is meh as others have said. So I was advised to get replacement.waiting on that.

Although a step up, I’m actually missing the zs10 sound. It might be to do with stuff I listen to.