Moondrop Starfield (TinHiFi T4 Killer?)

Giving them a shot in Doom
2 Likes

Lol I literally picked these up out of frustration and wanting to do a comparison with some,other products. They sound smooth, they are comfortable, and they are great at fatigue free listening. They also look stunning so I’ll be keeping them around. Will be good to have on hand since its a popular item :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I don’t think they are my ideal sound signature, but the looks alone make it tempting…

1 Like

Yepp, they won me over with sex appeal lmao they look great and fit great so fashion can with decent sound 100%

So after a few weeks of listening to the starfield. Coming from tin T2 and kz pro10 and a relative beginner at audiophile.

Range if music from Gojira to Moses sumney (hard to soft music)

Pros:
Very easy to listen to, nothing overtly offensive or harsh. These were neutral sound signature?
Nothing fatigues with relation to sound.
Comfortable to wear, they sit well in ear canal. I use Dekoni tips.

Cons:
Paint chipped off a corner within few days with moderate use. Shouldn’t be happening at this price point if I’m honest, seems to be happening to alot of samples.I applied nail varnish layers to give some protection, worked well so far.

Sound wise, they have started to feel a bit dull/unengaging to me. Not in a bad way, more in a sense that the music is just ‘there’ around me.
Then again I’m usually listening to them on 2 hour walks with my dog. So again not offensive.

Definitely keeping them, as they are a step up from t2 and not as harsh as the KZ 10 pro.

5 Likes

Nice write up! What have you been using as a dac/amp?also the paint on mine are chipping as well, but it doesn’t bother me. I tend to be rough with things anyhow haha. But i still enjoy the sound a lot when I just wanna chill out and relax.

1 Like

Thankyou🙏

I use them on a hiby 3 pro Dap. They are easy to drive so and work well on the move.

I have the topping a50,D50s inbound so will try them on that desktop setup.

The sonic is very good, I do enjoy them alot. As I experience differing offerings, I’ll be able to make a better judgement about what I enjoy…I hope so !:grin:

I’m about to pull the trigger on a set of Tin P1’s. Let’s see how I get on with them. Hopefully they suit me too.

1 Like

Oh, so I’m not the only one that had paint chipped off. I was devastated because I didn’t even drop it. I keep it in a case whenever I’m not using it. Good to know clear nail varnish can work.

1 Like

I like my Starfields. I think in the price range, they complement the Ikko OH10’s V-shaped sound signature perfectly. The OH10 excels in highs, lows and width, but never midrange and vocals. Starfields are an everything IEM, but they do best with vocals, especially female.

Listening to the Carole and Tuesday OST with them is a bliss of its own, and even though it loses the sub-bass you get in the OH10, anything that has an upper midrage becomes the star of the show.

I just wish it was as comfortable as the OH10, but very few IEM’s are, and I can live with it.

3 Likes

I use a ifi hip dac and it widens it a bit and warms it up a touch. Very nice.

Been thinking about getting those. Good to hear.

1 Like

Just saw this video regarding the starfields having inconsistent sound signatures. Any thoughts?

A little late to the party, but I only just got to try the Starfield and wow… I must say as a KXXS owner I am quite sad :"(

2 Likes

The kxx arent too much more right? And that all silver is nice. Like others have said the paint chips off pretty easily on the moondrop but not sure on the kxxc

I haven’t heard the analytical Starfield. I have heard contrasting opinions of the Starfield which makes me wonder if unit variation is actually as bad as HiFiDreams is making it out to be.

Anyone using spinfit on these? What should I order? I just ordered one with Balanced Cable ^^

I use final audio and they improved comfort and the sound a bit. So I would imagine they would do the same.

About a month and a half on and I am still happy with these. Impressed with the instrument separation and imaging/soundstage.

5 Likes

Thinking of picking these up. How does the sound signature compare with a HD 650? I’m looking for something with similar mids and warmth.

1 Like

From what I have seen about the 650/6xx they are more mid range focused. The starfields are pretty neutral with great soundstage and instrument separation. I have the moondrops and just ordered the 6xx to go with my Dark voice. Im pretty happy with the starfields so i would recommend. What amps do you have?