šŸ”¶ MoonDrop Variations

Oh yeah baby. We need to do a Techno-head thread :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

have you been on the Electronic Music thread here? Checkout @Fractal posts

2 Likes

Welcome to variations family.

Thanks! Now lets find out if they stay or not :joy:

1 Like

Ordered the Variations this week from Hifigo, shipped today. Very excited to say the least! :3

2 Likes

Variations are also on my radar, but I am secretly waiting for the Sennheiser IE600 to be announced. My assumption is it will fall between IE300 and IE900 (performance and price wise)

1 Like

Is the IE600 something that will be released? Or you just assuming?

An IE600 would indeed be interesting.

Iā€˜m coming from the Blessing 2 Dusk, and got the Aria after just to see what you can get for 79$. Both are incredible IEMs and I hope the Variations will be to my Liking as well.

I wanted an IEM with a signature of ā€žneutral with a bass boostā€œ and the two that would fit what I want, looking at their graphs, were the ThieAudio Monarch and Moondrop Variations.

After all the positive resonance and comparisons to the Monarch, plus the cheaper price point, I decided to go for the Variations.

I donā€™t think they are officially announced yet, however the official sennheiser website sells foam replacement tips for IE 300/600/900 , which hints towards a future release
https://en-de.sennheiser.com/ear-adapter-foam

6 Likes

OH, interesting find there.

1 Like

After endless hours talking to @Resolution and seeing videos like super reviews, Iā€™d skip Variations if you own Dusk already.

They are like 90% similar.

2 Likes

I wanted an upgrade either way, and enough pointed to the Variations being one :3

If I like them, Iā€˜ll give my Dusk to my Brother

Iā€˜d like to hear them myself either way and am excited af

1 Like

If its the curve that suits your library and you have the funds, then itā€™s an hard rec :slight_smile: hope you enjoy them!

1 Like

I have both the Aria and blessing 2 too. But mine is the normal blessing 2

Kato 10th September. KXXS on steroids with replaceable tubes. I might hold into Oxygen after all :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I wonder what the tuning will be :thinking: .

ah, since Iā€˜ll receive my Variations soonā€¦

I was looking for good tips and came across the Radius Deep Mount. Some described them as one of the best tips you can get for IEMs period. Would you guys agree with that? They are a bit expensive to get here in the EU but If they are worth it Iā€˜d like to get a Box :3

They are, IMO, the best treble focused tips on the market. Altho I donā€™t think they are 100% best pick for HUGE nozzles like TSMR Land or Variations. I use them with Teas and Blon-03, tho.

Tips are personal and also Variations isnā€™t an easy or confortable fit for me, so YMMV. Tips that seem to work fine for me with Variations:

• Final E (Bass boost - treble taming, ok soundstage)
  • Spinfit CP145 (V-shape, less soundstage)
  • Azla Sedna Earfit (Treble and mids boost, good soundstage)
  • Azla Crystal (Same as Sedna, but I prefer Sedna)

Keep in mind this is provisory. Iā€™ll try to tip roll more, but Iā€™m pretty sure Radius arenā€™t the best for it, in my opinion. Iā€™m using CP145 Medium or Final E MS atm.

1 Like

Thank you for the input! By the Sedna you mean the SednaEarfit Xelastic?