🔶 Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

This is the official thread for the Moondrop x Crinacle Dusk

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: In Ear
  • Amp needed: No
  • Driver type: 2DD 2BA 2Planar

:red_circle: Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

5 Likes
11 Likes

Comprehensive hands-on review from GadgetryTech (basshead/gamer). He’s a big fan of these.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Posting some graph comparisons of the DUSK with the Truthear Zero Red!

3 Likes

Nothing interesting in tuning, nothing interesting in technical performance (according to the reviews), nothing revolutionary in technology, nothing interesting in drivers. You can skip it without wondering… :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I kind of agree. I worry that it might be too low pinna or not the greatest value. But I hope generally that it is good as I preordered one as soon as they were up. I don’t use dsp iems as they are just eq, and a 360-dollar one feels overpriced.

2 Likes

It actually looks very uniquely tuned in the treble! The warmest treble out of all other popular warm treble IEMs in fact!

5 Likes

I do believe this one will sell a lot of units. And i also feel like it actually is good value… Easy going tuning stock, and lots of possibilities with the DSP cable, or EQ on your favorite source/player.

9 Likes

DSP is the future…whether you like it or not…just like electric cars…not a matter of if, but when…easy EQ for the masses…a Swiss Army knife IEM

3 Likes

Raises the question of if the IEM is any good if it’s only at its best with DSP / EQ. I think a good IEM should stand on its own merit vs requiring that.

10 Likes

Also, if you lose or break the cable it’s a bit of hassle to replace no? How’s the availability in lets say a few years down the road?

From what I gather the analog tuning is kind of mediocre, which is unfortunate.

4 Likes

The stock tuning looks fine, but if you don’t want to use the DSP then it’s like they’re only selling you 1/5 of the package unless you want to calculate/create the EQs on your own. It’s admittedly nothing special to me because I never use my phone to listen to music, so there is no allure to the profiles. I would be buying it on the strength of the analog tuning alone.
Edit: I’m not buying it, but I’m not in the market either, so caveat empor.

11 Likes

It is, for TWS that is.

I still think a regular wired iem needs to be properly tuned WITHOUT DSP.

14 Likes

I agree…but a lot of manufacturers either don’t know how to or don’t want to invest the energy or resources into a good tune

If the manufacturer can get it close with quality components…the end user can fine tune it to their own tastes

2 Likes

I’m not in the market either at this point…but interesting to watch the development from afar…I love tech…curious to see where this goes

4 Likes

everybody tryin to hype this badly on youtube

3 Likes

ordered from amazon so I can return easily if I have any issues with it.
I have lots of issues with the freedsp I got a while ago so hoping they fixed/improved it for the bundled one.
not to mention phones/tablets having poor volume control when outputting digital so its either too quiet or too loud if there’s no external control.

1 Like

if its only good with DSP, I’m skipping and quitting the hobby, gonna run with my Mext till I fuckin die

well after I try out a Maestro Mini for good measure

1 Like

When playing with autoEQ, I do prefer the 2020 target to the Crinacle 2023 target. The pinna starts too late imo.

2 Likes