Damn Jamie went hard on it.

So:

Preamp: -5.0 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 1400 Hz Gain -3.0 dB dB Q 0.80
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 5400 Hz Gain -3.0 dB Q 2.00
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 14000 Hz Gain -5.0 dB Q 2.0

I find it interesting that there are no bass adjustments with this

2 Likes

Yeah I see some graphs where the DSP has some different bass but that could be the aforementioned source doing some extra DSP on the USB output on top of the Moondrop cable’s DSP. Or could just be reviewer prototype unit issues. But here we can see the EQ profile should be correct :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I’m trying to buy one at some point but for now I’m just chilling out lol

1 Like

Where are the vocals at? … graph breathing :dragon:

2 Likes

Honestly quite surprised to see such low pinna from a crin iem.

2 Likes

Made a post on his Reddit concerning the massive difference in his FR vs all other’s FR:

https://www.reddit.com/r/inearfidelity/comments/1bvud09/moondrop_crinacle_dusk_fr/

Did Moondrop royally f*** something up or did he (Crinacle) stealth revise the target?

Taken from Timmy video

5 Likes

For what I understood you have to use the app only one time (if you don’t like the default profile of the dsp cable). After that you changed the sound profile you can uninstall the app.

Watch the video of Timmy (gizaudio) he explains what you can do in the case you break the cable.

3 Likes

Looking at these EQ numbers, the 14kHz really had to be killed by up to -10dB. The planar tweeter are doing their job too well.

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with DSP cables, but from what I understand is that they do essentially the same as parametric EQ. My question is, is it possible to recreate the exact sound through something like Wavelet or peace on PC? For me that makes the cable redundant unless it does something special.

I wonder if it’s possible to accurately EQ the crin presets into my Blessing 3? Sorry, I’m a bit of a noob in this regard.

No, because the B3 has a different driver config (2DD + 4BA) while the Dusk 2 has 2 DD + 2 BA + 2 Planar.

6 Likes

I agree with Riku that it’s not gonna sound the same but you can give this a shot! Oh just note not to do the 3rd 67 Hz filter!

3 Likes

Thank you sir.

1 Like
2 Likes

:thinking:

7 Likes

That channel imbalance is horrendous, yet it is standard moondrop qc :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

My Dusk review :slight_smile:

and yes, Moondrop QC is back baby!

12 Likes

I suppose I should drop my review here too: TechPowerUp

Be warned, it has a lot of words. I am mostly positive on it, albeit I do think it was a case of leaving potential on the table too.

7 Likes