šŸ”¶ Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

oh, that is a big painā€¦no way to export your presets so you have a backup that you can then import easily?

1 Like

Sony comes to the rescue then.
(got the Xperia 5V a few months ago.)

2 Likes

I think itā€™s possible with the desktop app which honestly Iā€™ve just been too lazy to get around to checking out :sweat_smile:
Meanwhile I just took screenshots of all my EQ settings and manually remake them whenever an update nukes them. :sweat_smile:

This MUST be something the developers are aware that people do not likeā€¦and they havent added it, despite the app being out for years???

Well like I said I think itā€™s a part of the desktop app now. But being a developer myself, I get itā€¦ Thereā€™s probably something very wrong with how EQ is stored in the core code for the mobile app and to fix it would require starting the code from scratchā€¦ :person_shrugging:t2:

Edit: but yeah theyā€™re aware of the EQ update bug for the mobile app

Aaa, the classic spaghetti code issue lol.

1 Like

Damn Jamie went hard on it.

So:

Preamp: -5.0 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 1400 Hz Gain -3.0 dB dB Q 0.80
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 5400 Hz Gain -3.0 dB Q 2.00
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 14000 Hz Gain -5.0 dB Q 2.0

I find it interesting that there are no bass adjustments with this

2 Likes

Yeah I see some graphs where the DSP has some different bass but that could be the aforementioned source doing some extra DSP on the USB output on top of the Moondrop cableā€™s DSP. Or could just be reviewer prototype unit issues. But here we can see the EQ profile should be correct :+1:

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m trying to buy one at some point but for now Iā€™m just chilling out lol

1 Like

Where are the vocals at? ā€¦ graph breathing :dragon:

2 Likes

Honestly quite surprised to see such low pinna from a crin iem.

2 Likes

Made a post on his Reddit concerning the massive difference in his FR vs all otherā€™s FR:

https://www.reddit.com/r/inearfidelity/comments/1bvud09/moondrop_crinacle_dusk_fr/

Did Moondrop royally f*** something up or did he (Crinacle) stealth revise the target?

Taken from Timmy video

5 Likes

For what I understood you have to use the app only one time (if you donā€™t like the default profile of the dsp cable). After that you changed the sound profile you can uninstall the app.

Watch the video of Timmy (gizaudio) he explains what you can do in the case you break the cable.

3 Likes

Looking at these EQ numbers, the 14kHz really had to be killed by up to -10dB. The planar tweeter are doing their job too well.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not familiar with DSP cables, but from what I understand is that they do essentially the same as parametric EQ. My question is, is it possible to recreate the exact sound through something like Wavelet or peace on PC? For me that makes the cable redundant unless it does something special.

I wonder if itā€™s possible to accurately EQ the crin presets into my Blessing 3? Sorry, Iā€™m a bit of a noob in this regard.

No, because the B3 has a different driver config (2DD + 4BA) while the Dusk 2 has 2 DD + 2 BA + 2 Planar.

6 Likes

I agree with Riku that itā€™s not gonna sound the same but you can give this a shot! Oh just note not to do the 3rd 67 Hz filter!

3 Likes