Movies for New Home-theater?

Just getting moved into a new place, and we inherited what seems like a pretty decent 7.1 system. I’m gonna add a nice new big TV to it tomorrow. What’s the first movie or show should watch? Just curious to get some suggestions. Thanks.

1 Like

What are we talking here. 4k bluray streaming ?

BluRay version of House of Flying Daggers. Great story, gorgeous colors, and incredible soundtrack. Absolutley wonderful film!

1 Like

I’m looking at a 70” 4K HDR with a PS5. I’ll just be streaming.

1 Like

“The tomorrow war” on amazon. For sound.

1 Like

Bass? I love the new Monsterverse Movies (Kong/Godzilla). Bladerunner 2049 and Mad Max Fury Road also seem like musts. John Wick is also always a favorite of mine. Also Ready Player One is great.

Music? Bohemian Rhapsody was fun if you like Queen IMO. The Fifth Element is also fun if you want to play the Opera Scene.

For Musical Score? The wife and I love Hans Zimmer, so we like watching The Holiday together. It’s not a bad movie and has a great score.

Sorry, a lot more than 1. I love movies and loud audio. I struggle to pick just one… :laughing:

4 Likes

Christopher Nolan films. Those will test your speakers v quick.

1 Like

Almost all my movies are in atmos. The tank movie FURY should be good on a 7.1

Mission impossible fallout
Batman vs superman extended version.
A quiet place 1-2

1 Like
1 Like

Christopher Nolan’s Tenet is a good watch. But I don’t think it can benefit from your 7.1 set-up since it’s audio is stuck with 5.1. Still, it’s a good movie to watch with that set-up. 1917 could also be awesome with your set-up.

1 Like