Music that sparks an emotion

As someone who is always on the hunt for music that moves me in some way, I wanted to make a topic about music that sparks and emotion when you listen to it. Whether it be the lyrics, the melody, the musicianship, the recording quality, etc. or combination of things, I want to hear about it. Genre is irrelevant.

To me, music is incredible because it has this power to trigger an emotion, whether it’s good, bad, sad, etc. It could be because it directly correlates with something that’s happened in your life past or present, but it most definitely does not have to be for that reason. It could be any number of reasons.

I have a lot of songs that fit into this category, but I’ll just start here by going into one of my playlists and hitting shuffle. Here’s the one I got and it’s one that fits in this emotional category for me.

2 Likes

Huh Cool Idea, ok, so for me it really isn’t just one song, it’s an entire Album, but I really like it and it’s probably the one I’ve listened to the most:

Idk, I find the music to be really good, pretty energetic with some quieter moments, probably one of the few albums I could sit down at any time and listen to from beginning to the end without getting bored. Tends to make me feel, idk what, but makes me feel something I guess, maybe excited, idk.

Idk if I had to pick a particular song though, I guess Back in NYC is the one that gets the most out of me.

5 Likes

Nah didn’t have to pick a particular song, albums are welcome too.

And what you said that it makes you feel something is exactly what I’m talking about here, sometimes I find a song like that, that makes me feel something, but even I can’t determine what that is.

1 Like

The message behind this song and the way Geddy Lee sings it nearly moves me to tears…every…time.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to get home and listen to these

1 Like

2 Likes

this one just feels very melancholic

this one gives me a ton of nostalgia cause I grew up with this film

this song just makes me sad
1 Like

This song always hits me hard. Only Corey Taylor from Slipknot can be that metal and then do a slow song like this.

6 Likes

^This song live was an emotional experience I was NOT planning on having in a room full of people lol
3 Likes

On the For the Roses album these two tracks lead into one another and they always make me cry…they’re just such beautiful songs that are arranged and performed perfectly with such musical passion and feeling…

1 Like
4 Likes

The unplugged version of nutshell kills me… that whole album really… that dude was hurting something fierce

1 Like

Same. Layne supposedly almost didn’t even make it to the show he was so messed up.

2 Likes

have you heard this version

epic

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good one.

4 Likes

If possible download flac this audio in utube doesnt do justice to this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvGPAVTYfXI&t=1788s

About as atmospheric as it get’s. Well written lyrics too.

1 Like

Nice post. My passion for music stems from my passion for self discovery as a human. I just discovered this this month. When most English speaking singers tend to sound the same, Dolores Irish action is quite present. The lyrics communicate the thoughts but the violins/fiddles convey the emotion (crying). I cannot help but empathize with her bring but a small tear to my eyes.

Here is the youtube link but the compression suppresses some of the emotion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDK0xdiHBcQ

Stream from a HQ site like TIDAL or other.

1 Like