My Girlfriend thinks all my audio equipment sounds the same

One thing just occurred to my mind.
What if. You actually need to step up the game? Like a lot.
I mean the gear mentioned on first post is not really high end. wink wink
More in the low tier or “normie” stuff anyways.

Maybe you should get some high end, audio gear then there is no way, so called “normie” could be “thats normal” and will have to hear the difference to the “normies” audio scenario.

Like eye rolling and mind blowing just be the visual aspect, is the minimum requirement.
Then the eargasmic sound gives the final blow. lol
Since that has been the case in my house. At least the visual aspect.
One has stated “it’s too clean and too detailed sound” but pretty much the rest have been wowed by.

1 Like

I’m convinced that a large population is tone def and I think most pop music is mixed to work on garbage equipment. People want to hear bass, vocals, and hum things other people will understand. One thing that I have an issue is that for a lot of bands that play clean or mild distortion, I can’t hear the bassist on crap gear. When I asked some people in the past they just flat said they didn’t care what the bassist played.

So the entire music industry I think makes the majority of their money on poppy garbage to kids that care more what their friends think than actual quality music. Those kids are the one driving sales en mass and same for when they grow up reaching for what they know. I know my sister growing up would just listen to garbage music on garbage headphones… until I bought her Sennheisser 465’s for her birthday. I will never forget getting myself the 515’s and thinking the 465’s were SO MUCH better.

Fella’s, based on what my sister found out. If you want to help a women get a guy, get them a good set of headphones and tell them to go out in public and listen to them. No guy can turn down checking out a nice set of cans.

2 Likes

Honestly I think I like audio equipment more than music, I’m that way about a lot of stuff, I’m just interested in engineering.

2 Likes

I like tech and I love music so it’s a marriage made in heaven
:grin:

1 Like

I have a full 7.2 Klipsch THX ultra2 home theater system it’s basically the highest end speaker system Klipsch makes, she thinks the sound bar on her tv in the bedroom sounds just as good, Trust me it doesn’t.

I almost never talk about my niche hobbies to other people. They just don’t get it.

My other hobby is collecting, maintaing and shaving with straight razors. Try convincing someone who shaves with a Mach 3 every day to take up shaving in a way that takes 5 times as long, required daily maintence of the razor, and may actually end up bloody. If you don’t have the passion and interest in the first place it doesnt make sense.

8 Likes

Well yeah, you got a shitty bunch of headphones. if you had a 58x then a sundara, then a Elex then a Arya and you tried each one on her then you’d see her eyes pop out. include in that list a better amp/dac

I mean generally if you give someone a 58x or 6xx for a day, it’s pretty night and difference for people, you just have to let people use them on their own terms, and they will figure it out

2 Likes

That’s a good point. I think that when it’s “Here, put these things on. How does it sound?”

It’s usually followed by “it sounds like music.”

I let a co worker try my Elegias and his comment was “the difference isn’t as big as my son’s 3D gaming headphones.” He was looking for magic instead of fidelity. But we all know magic isnt real.

It makes sense that if someone takes time to listen to tracks that they know well, on their time and at their pace things they could gain a real uerstanding of what musical fidelity actually is.

1 Like

Reset her to factory settings and then upgrade her software to the “Music Enhancement understanding v4”.

2 Likes

There’s a joke in there about resetting the wife back to 25, or uploading the Kamasutra or something along those lines. But I won’t be the one to say it.

4 Likes

Give her some lsd and try again

1 Like

Hifiguides does not condone drugging someone against their will or without their consent lol

3 Likes

Ok ok only with her consent :joy:

If they consent to being drugged are they being drugged or just taking drugs?

I think “being drugged” would refer to a nother person administering the drugs while “taking drugs” is a bit more generic, but would traditionally refer to some administering the drugs themselves.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

Now that we’ve worked that out, who’s bringing the drugs tonight??

Hey I am from Ibiza, leave that to me!!

1 Like

Hifiguides classifieds but instead of selling or trading headphones it’s apparently an international drug market

3 Likes