My Girlfriend thinks all my audio equipment sounds the same

Elitist much? Lol. But I still doubt it. If they don’t care to hear the difference then they won’t. Doesn’t matter what you show them.

4 Likes

My girlfriend always says “I mean they sound good and I can tell the difference but I still don’t get why it matters or how they’re worth x amount of money” lol. The two pairs where she really noticed and even appreciated the difference were my nighthawks and Aeolus.

4 Likes

Repeat the exact same thing back to her the next time she takes you shoe/purse/fancy soap/whatever shopping and see how she reacts.

6 Likes

Hahaha true. But I support her in her buying of boots. But I’ll admit that everytime she asks an opinion of two outfits I just say “both look good so either” it’s worked for years. :+1:

2 Likes

How to start a conflict 101 lol

9 Likes

6xx isn’t shitty when you compare them to whatever Samsung gives you in the box with your Galaxy s8.

I didn’t need to do drugs to understand that Sennheiser headphones sound better than apple ear buds.

1 Like

We don’t need any but she does

Lol don’t worry none of them are shitty. Some peeps just have an elitist mentality. I’m up to about 20 pairs now and I still pull out my 650s and 58x when the mood calls for it.

I think he just means you need to pull out some thousand dollar headphones too compare but I don’t think that’s the case.

1 Like

Too be fair though, I don’t think many “untrained” wars would pull the difference between the 58x and 6xx lol. The differences aren’t as major as some other pairs.

There’s a video on youtube of guy who makes his wife tryout different headphones from massdrop. when she listened to the 6XX she said it sounded like her m50x. I couldn’t stop laughing at that.

1 Like

I agree, I probably shouldn’t had bought the 58x and gotten something different

Here’s that video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sNMIrPOTFk

1 Like

Yeah but you listen to them and go “oh! these are quite nice”. whereas you listen to the aivas, elex or ayra and go “Wow!” O.O

Strangely I prefer my 58x is most cases. Sure the 6xx has better resolution and things like that but I don’t think you’d care as much on day to day listening. The 58x tends to have a note pleasing sound suited for more genres for me. Plus being easier to power. I use my 58x around the house more and my 6xx stays at the desk and comes out when I want some vocal centered music mainly.

Well you can’t forget that we all had to start somewhere and not all are going to be willing to budget in elex’s or aryas. I definitely wouldn’t call the senns “shitty”.

I do really want to try the aivas but I’m hoping that they go on drop again for closer to 400. They’re about 470-480 now so it’s possible.

1 Like

You can get the Blons B20 on sale at drop right now for 350$. But i understand. I’m just going by my experience. I wasnt impressed by the HD650 or the 600 when i first heard them. I wasnt impressed till i hit the Sundara level. Maybe others will be different. But my eyes didnt pop till Sundara

Yeah tastes are just different. My brother in law has the Sundara and I liked it okay but I think I was already a little past that level so I was more on the “they’re pretty okay feeling”

Yeah I saw that but I dunno. I just like the looks of the aiva more and they seems slightly better built. Plus the cable comes already balanced and I’d have a 4.4mm source ready for them lol. Something about the aiva just looks more “premium” so I’ll wait it out.

Plus I went from m50 to 650 like 3 or 4 years ago lol so I was very impressed coming from those. But I found out quickly what it meant to need an amp when they came in lol. I only had the little audio engine d1 dac with a headphone out and it didn’t do the job at all.

The most impressive thing about the Sennheiser 6?? 600/650/6XX is how well they scale with amplification.
Their party trick is the timbre of vocals, but I’ve always felt they are incomplete headphones until you put them on a good tube amp, when they are suddenly completed.
Without a good tube amp they are lacking in bass and to some extent in treble.
But I know people who still pick 650’s on $4-$5K tube amps.