My introduction to hifi

Will I adjust to the weight over time? Gets to me after an hour or so.

The focals can be a bit awkward, until you get used to them. Only really took me maybe a week to get used to wearing mine.

I was waiting for a response like this the minute I heard the question.

2 Likes

this is, interestingā€¦ https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000396545063.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.319fe3c4bMwPKl&algo_pvid=cd3b8b92-d2ee-44bf-9b5b-be8726c5951a&algo_expid=cd3b8b92-d2ee-44bf-9b5b-be8726c5951a-40&btsid=0ab6f83915838107466797655e5a35&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

I saw someone here post recently that their wife uses a similar one to sleep. I canā€™t imagine it sounds anywhere near good but itā€™s a cool idea nonetheless.

1 Like

So, can you take a cable with a 2.5mm termination and put it into a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and then put that into a 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter, or is that a problem? If that doesnā€™t work, could you instead get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter that has wiring in between and then put the 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter on it?

I havenā€™t seen one. I would suggest 2.5 mm -> XLR -> wherever.

The Nighthawks definetly have their nice own little corner somewhere lol

There is just something about how centered the sound is that gives it this cohesiveness that Iā€™ve yet to hear with other headphones and that reminds me of speaker ALOT. To be fair I havenā€™t been able to compare it to a higher end headphone that has the same amount of refinement so I canā€™t say that it has that only because of the presentation. But they Def replaced speakers for me pretty comfortably. (altho they r NOT the same expirience even still, lack the Soundstage and physical vibrations)

2 Likes

Does anyone happen to know of somewhere you can preview any color combination for a cable?

Any reason to get a different usb cable then the one provided with the dac?

Depends on the cable makers site and resources

If it doesnā€™t work, you suspect the cable is causing you issues, or itā€™s too short

I just realized I have a bunch of rocks and snow globes I could put around/on my amp and dac as decor.

funny enough my audiophile journey started with beats by dre and discovering vinyl existsā€¦

i kept seeing ads for the infamous apple headphones and i wondered ā€œare they any good or do people hate themā€ā€¦ leading me to marques brownley talking about how the M50s are so much better and beats suck so i was always tempted to buy M50s which lead me to where i am now (but before that i bought sony 7506ā€™s because a person on a forum for the latter part told me to). i heard about DACs through MKBHD too and i read reviews saying the dragonfly was the best so i bought one of those along with the M50s (i think i might not have), and i only got interested in audiophile headphones after DMS appeared on linus tech tips and i saw his video about headphone info saying ā€œm50s are garbageā€

vinyl was pretty easy, i saw things called vinyl and an LP on things like amazon and was like ā€œwhats an LPā€ and it turns out it was a vinyl record, so i kept looking it up and seeing ā€œhey vinyl sounds so good and its the prefered way to listenā€ā€¦ thus i asked my mom for a turntable for my birthday (an audiotechnica LP60ā€¦ i was really into the audio technica brand for a whileā€¦ which i used for about 2 to 3 years). i bought more and more records and now i have over 200 LPs and am still looking to get another shelf for them

1 Like

@M0N What headphones cheaper than the focal elex would pair well with them?

1 Like

As in what will be a good thing to go with the elex?

1 Like

Precisely.

1 Like

So what do you feel is lacking with the elex that you would be looking for in another headphone? Like what do you think you are aiming for

1 Like

I donā€™t know that I really think anything is lacking per say, I really do feel like these match really well with what I was looking for, Iā€™m just curious about what options there are below the price of the focal elex that would offer something different and not just be a downgrade. Whenever I make my next round of purchases (whenever that will be), Iā€™ll either get a better amp and a second headphone or just get a better amp and dac. Only thing I can really say I find lacking is imaging, maybe have a wider sound stage, and I really donā€™t know about this one but maybe have bass that digs deeper, but idk how that would sound comparatively, but it interests me. I have started to notice the whole 3D feel more, but I assume a better amp and/or dac would improve this part of the headphone.

1 Like