My introduction to hifi

I won’t comment on sound until I do happen to get an amp as I feel that it is really going to change them in a huge way.

It’s still good to use them and get used to the sound though, but no problem if you want to wait for the amp :+1:

I’ll use them for sure, but so far I’m not immediately impressed in any way and I’m going to make the assumption that’s due to not having enough power yet.

Main thing I’m wondering about is the bass not having impact to it. I’m wondering if that’s the headphones or if that won’t happen until I get the amp. I know open backs aren’t going to be as bass heavy as closed back, but still, it feels missing.

I’m probably going to end up going against what I said with not talking about sound yet as I listen more and more. I can definitely pick out more details now.

I may go looking for a 3.5mm single ended cable just because of these connectors being so easy to detach from the yokes. Any particular suggestions that could work? They have 2.5mm connectors, idk what to say about the length of the connector.

It most likely still needs some burn in for both your mind and the drivers lol, so give it some time. An amp will improve the bass performance for sure. Also planar bass is typically quicker and more linear, which will sound different from most headphones you have heard, so you might find it lacking at first since it’s not boosted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezUt9eQrSDc I made this to show the connector’s size and to try and demonstrate how easy the connectors come out of the yoke.

That seems somewhat normal although they are a tad looser than some headphones

One big question of mine I had, was what pads these would come with. They look just like the sendy aiva pads based off pictures, but without the perforations on the outside. So I’m guessing the sound stage will be similar to the sendy avia’s?
Aiva pads: https://shop.musicteck.com/products/sendyaudio-aiva-headphone-replaceable-earpad?variant=19910738509886&currency=USD&utm_campaign=gs-2018-10-25&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgebwBRDnARIsAE3eZjSJoHArlJnxHNwJ8QyzMWMl3H_5u60EekP4bV9onwrW1lAI_ewzvcMaAqhlEALw_wcB

Yeah they do have similar stage to the aiva pads. My aiva came with the non perforated pads, but I bought the perforated pads, and mainly they just sound more open and reduce driver crinkle if you have that issue, not really a change in state

How can I tell if I have driver crinkle? Can I hear a driver crinkle with no music playing?

I completely forgot to look into this a long time ago. When you have a pair of open back headphones, will the room you listen to the music in change the sound much, if any?

1 Like

I can definitely hear a lot of added sounds in the music but I don’t know how the sounds which were already present sound different yet. Using this on my phone, the hiss coming from it’s amp is really present.

1 Like

If there is like a tin foil crinkle when you have them on your head, normal if you have it but irritating nonetheless

1 Like

Typically no, only very few open backs are really affected by the room you are in. Make sure to keep the backs open and away from a direct object though. If you are listening to music, take your hand and slowly bring it towards the cup until you block the open back of the cup, it will give you an idea of what it would sound like if you were right next to a wall or something

1 Like

Welcome to the World of HiFi, for you someone yourself deserves some sounds that is overall satisfying not just to the ears, but to the heart and soul as well. Don’t be too intimidated to some of us when we have that so called “endgame” setup for we had been beginners as well on the budget side at some point.

2 Likes

So far what’s popping out to me is a lot more detail retrieval in the highs.

One part that worries me a bit, is since this is my first headphone, if something is potentially defective, and I’m mainly talking about sound here, I don’t think I would notice it since I have no idea what it is suppose to sound like, and by that, I mean I have not ever heard it in person with a set that is guaranteed to not be defective in any way, and I haven’t heard any other headphone, which would be a good alternative to the real deal if it was of a similar price, make, and performance, to again, have something to go off of physically, and not just through word of mouth. I doubt anything is defective, but it’s something to consider for myself.

I guess that about the best option I have here, is if anyone is able to give me an example of a scenario in a song and elaborate on what it should sound like with that specific example. If I were to hear anything dramatically different, then there would probably be a good chance of a defect. I don’t know whether this would work though, since our equipment that is replicating sound will likely be different, and even if the equipment were to be very similar or dead on, our ears will still perceive it a bit different, but maybe at that point were talking finite details that wouldn’t matter.