๐Ÿ”ถ Mysphere 3

This is the official thread for the Mysphere 3

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: YES
  • Open Back Fully Open

:red_circle: Hifiguides Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

3 Likes

interesting looking headphones.

can someone explain why the 115 ohm needs a hybrid and the 110 ohm needs an OTL?

1 Like

The 3.1 are very very picky on amp choice, it is unusual to want a high output impedance for a 15 ohm headphone but itโ€™s likely for damping factor reasons. The 3.2 tend to be more forgiving most of the time and also are less difficult to find a good pairing with compared to the 3.1. Generally my experience has been that the 3.1 does really well on some specific select tube amps and a slight few solid state amps, where the 3.2 does better on most solid state amps and a few tube amps.

4 Likes

Just wanted to say this is probably one of the most overlooked TOTL headphone/ear speakers. 100% recommend demoing it if you can.
Iโ€™ve tried a lot of headphones and this is currently in my top 2 all-time favorites. As crazy as it sounds, I even added a subwoofer after someone recommended it.

3 Likes

Would definitely agree, one of my top 4 (honestly might be top 2 for me as well), much prefer over the sr1a (which I think is the reason people overlook it)

3 Likes