Hi, I am fairly new to the “quality sound” world and know very little about headphones. I have been using gaming headsets up until now and I’m looking to upgrade.
The requirements are the following;
- The (closed back) headphones should have good sounds quality and preferably base heavy (but not too much) One of the main purposes would be listening to music from my phone or computer.
- The headphones should be comfortable for long sessions without fatigue
- The headphones/headset should either already have a microphone, or I would be willing to add a ModMic to it. The second purpose would be for gaming. The mic sound quality doesn’t have to be “the best” but it should be pretty good.
- If the budget permits, I would also like to get some sort of Amp/Dac to make my already good headset even better.
- The total budget should be hopefully under $1000 CAD
- Noise Canceling (or at least reduction) is a nice to have for gaming.
- Virtual Surround Sound and medium sound stage are a nice to have for gaming.
When I started looking for an upgrade, after some extensive search on YouTube, I came across the Sennheiser GSP600 which I was also thinking of pairing with the GSX 1000 Amp/Dac. But then I came across Z’s video about how headsets are generally not as good as headphones with an add on mic. And that’s what brought me here.
Should I go for the GSP600 + GSX 1000? or do you guys have some suggestions that would be better than this setup?
like XX headphone + AntLion ModMic + GSX 1000 (OR some other Amp/Dac)?
Please give suggestions and explain why it’s better than this headset. (again, I’m new to this and looking to learn so I can make a good decision)