Need help plz! 100 or less but if needed can stretch budget to 180

you do know that graphs dont tell the entire story. The mids in the tape, especially the male vocals ARE recessed there is no question about it. It has a typical V-shaped sound with the typcial recessed mids. Besides that the Timbre of the Tape isnt very natural so it wouldnt suit OP anyway. And the QC problems with the Tape makes it a less stable recommendation.

Dude, graphs can help ppl save money, I 100% agree with bggar on that. What do you think any Harman is, its a V…so all Moondrop can piss off based on that. SMH you have to have an elevation for the pina gain of your ears. Post 2k is harmonics of the fundamental so lower treble is important to finish vocals. I prefer a plateu Harmon. If you go full Harmon it may be too much treble and be fatigueing so I was trying to educate on how a set around 100$ that op owned is similar and different to what others mentioned. OP buy whatever on Amazon so you can return it within 30 days since there is so much drama on this. Final jpop and the like are upper mids focused and treble forward to me. How many dudes with testicles actually sing those songs. Lower mids can be slightly scooped and can get a good experience. If he literally wants them wahmans screeming then the tape will oblige, otherwise the P1 is the only non v mid forward set offered up by anyone. Otherwise its all how much V op wants.

Edit::Shuoer Tape (P1 Killer?)

lol you keep on mentioning jpop. i just want to make it clear that i don{t like jpop and listen to kpop lol

1 Like

Touche lmao! Korean bands have a good sound too so I endorse :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright lets just drop this so it doesnt get out of hand/topic.

For OP, It is recommended that you get stuff from amazon as mufflertape says, so you can try it and return it if you dont like it.

Tin Hifi P1, Shuoer Tape, LZ A6 and Moondrop Starfield should tick a lot of your boxes.

2 Likes

lol btw looks like a buddy will let me borrow his tape so i will check it out for sure and tell u how i feel about them

1 Like

thnx, i{m thinking i will test the moondrop too for sure since its pretty well liked

Hey man we are cool, sorry I was taking a nap on my lunch and I seen that when I woke up so maybe not the best of moods :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. I am like a 60/40 science vs just what I hear when it comes to audio so I deff lean your way on stuff :). What is your fav. band and I’ll give some of their music a spin tonight? :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

Awesome, If you need to sample some P1s let me know as well, I am not using them atm, but that doesnt mean I want them stolen either :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: so if push comes to shove I can try to help a brotha out. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Lol thnx. The offer alone is plenty enough but I would feel bad just borrowing stuff from people all the time lol. Eventually I’ll probably try out the p1 no problem

1 Like

You can check some of my favs. here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNuslYM4CrhMPrOLofzTm4ei7HEfP8AI1zxswrMw2ho/edit#gid=930033404

and also my ranking list too.

2 Likes

Thanks man, good list, I’ll try checking out everything when I get back to the house.

EDIT: good songs, interesting write-up and video.

1 Like

Hey, so for K-Pop specifically, the way they master their music is better for the Starfields imo. The treble rolls off where some highs are missing compared to the Tapes, but for the vocals and the harmonics on it there is no fault and it actually excels in the more spoken style of the pop songs from 2019 etc. I think I had some misconceptions on K-pop vs what I know J-pop to be. Should be good to go. If you like the Tapes then good stuff, but I do think the Starfield is less offensive, more mainstream and better for your preferred genre.

1 Like

Got both the Starfield and the OH1.

Starfield tends to be fairly balanced, OH1 a bit more airy in treble, possibly because of the louder gain after 2khz.

Think I prefer the Starfield, it’s just an all-round good IEM

Hey Jose,
Have you made a decision about which IEM to get?