Need some headphone advice / opinions

That should be a pretty sweet setup, and all three amps pair well with the Bifrost 2 from what I gather if that’s an option you’re considering still.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, I heard the bifrost a year or two ago and really liked it. I mean I’m still curious about the Ares ii but I can’t hear all the things and multiple people on this forum have recommended the Bifrost with those amps.

I’m thinking I’ll do two Y-XLRs to the RNHP and MLP and two Y-RCAs to the BHC and the integrated amp I decide on for my speakers (thinking about getting a Vista Audio Spark). Thanks again!

I’ve heard good things about the Vista.

The Ares would be on a similar level as the Bifrost, just depends what you want. Area is a little more colored warm and forward, and Bifrost is a little wider, relaxed and closer to neutral. One thing to keep in mind is that the Ares doesn’t do well using both XLR and RCA out at the same time, while the Bifrost does.

2 Likes

One thing to add is if using an XLR to RCA adapter on the Ares II then it can be used as a SE DAC with two simultaneous outputs. I haven’t tried it yet but that’s from Alvin at Vinshine

Hmmmm… I wouldn’t call the Ares and the BF similar in quality. If you look at the components used inside the Ares it’s an absolute masterpiece.

Mainly referring to sound quality and performance being at a similar level, but I don’t doubt the Ares uses quality components.

2 Likes

I’m leaning bifrost because of the coloration. Most of the amps I’m planning on getting sound a bit warmer so I think the ares might be too much of a good thing in that regard. Unfortunately, on this front I don’t have any way of hearing them first.

1 Like

I saw it opened up by Jay on The Next Best Thing Youtube channel and it is gorgeous. I feel they should make a version with a glass or acrylic top.

That’s interesting. But I’d like to take advantage of balanced when I can. Still, thanks for telling me. I’ll look into it!

1 Like

Personally i do think BF2 has better synergy with RNHP and BHC. And you can use both outputs at the same time so that’s a plus.

2 Likes

The quality of the components used can make a huge difference to the sound the DAC produces. Good power delivery, high quality clock, very precisely measured resistors,…

Would buy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sure, but you’ve only heard an Ares II and seen the inside of it, but have not heard a Bifrost 2 have you? I probably would wait until I have experience with both before commenting on how their respective sound quality compares and giving advice on it…

Where did I claim the Ares sounded better?
I said it uses higher quality components. Which is fact. I know it’s hard for you to understand something could be better quality than a Schiit product…

You do I know I placed an order for one right? Months ago. And Schiit Europe promised a delivery. Months ago. And when you contact support all you get is “We will service our US customers first before completing international orders”. So… Fuck you you second hand customer. We don’t give a fuck about you because you’re not american.

So you haven’t heard a BF2, period (whatever problem you have with Schiit EU it’s your problem, and it’s not to do with sound quality). And the name calling again when you can’t handle a disagreement, lol.

And here is your reply (in the context of replying someone else who was indeed talking about sound quality): according to you, Ares II has better quality in components which lead to (presumably) better sound quality. Whatever quality you’re referring to, you don’t even have a Bifrost 2 in hand so I’m not sure if it’s helpful to comment on it.

Is this a dac competition/I know more than you or headphone advice thread?

2 Likes

Yeah I’m sorry. Can’t handle the fanboy-ism :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So, maybe to steer this conversation back a little bit. Does anyone have experience with the Singxer sa-1? I’d kind of like to get a solid state that can drive Arya’s as well as sound good with Clears. I’d rather just get the RNHP and be done because I think it looks cooler but I’ve read it can’t really drive the Arya’s. Any advice or experience here would be great!

A good solid state for both Clears and Arya would be something from violectric or lake people.

1 Like

Yeah, but those are both European brands and I will be living in the US. So, I was hoping for something a little more available there. Thanks though! Afterall importing isn’t impossible.

Heard amazing things about these!
Though as is required. I have not heard them myselves so shouldn’t be allowed to post :wink:

1 Like