Need some headphone advice / opinions

What is a solid state people generally recommend for Arya’s? I’m not opposed to having more than one amp. I do want the RNHP lol

It’s about not spreading misinformation and giving misleading advice on something without hands-on experience. I’d never want to claim I know more than anyone else, but that does not stop me from pointing out that one probably should refrain from giving advice and comments on something they have not tried in a manner as if it’s a fact. At least wait until they get the opportunity to do so in order to give a fair judgement.

Personally I’d just make it clear that I’ve not had actual experience but I’ve read it somewhere in reviews or in the forum, as I believe that’s most helpful for anyone asking for advice. But what do I know about forum etiquette? I won’t derail the thread further.

You can get some really good used deals on the v200 in the US

1 Like

The V200 would pair nicely with a Soekris 1321. Or a V220 with 1421 / V280 or V281 with 1541. It’s ironic that European brands like LakePeople/Violectric and Soekris are cheaper in the US, both new and used.

A side note is that the Bifrost 2 would probably be overly smooth with Violectric (the idea is as OP said above, the more coloured the amp is the more neutral and analytical DAC you’d want to pair with), but Soekris doesn’t really pair well with tubes so if OP wants to get a BHC imo you might still wanna grab a BF2. Ares II is fine but again personally in my experience the BF2 pairs better.

I’m sure you can get a Schiit fanboy to recommend you the Modius or Jotunheim, as Schiit makes far superior products to anyone else. :wink:

As @Kron says a used V200/280/281 can be found pretty easily as it’s quite the popular product.

I’d also reccomend the A90 for a very neutral, clear, flat sound. Linsoul in the USA I think deals with all the import hassle.

2 Likes

Both mediocre imo and you generally want a tier higher for HPs like Clear and Arya.

Also wouldn’t recommend that one as it’s just a slightly warmer and smoother THX, (and again probably not where you would want with the Clear/Arya) but that’s just my opinion based on my experiences with all three products mentioned. A disclaimer however is that I only have the Clear and not the Arya but my understanding is for a hard to drive planar the RNHP is definitely a no go even though I personally really like the BF2/RNHP/Clear synergy. And I’ve only read on the forum that a higher end Vio should drive the Arya pretty nicely.