Never heard of Feliks-Audio before

After more time A/Bing I think I’m just drawn to the tube -ishness. MJ2 is solid and presents really well…to the point were I wasn’t enjoying poor recordings quite as much. I mean this is apples to pinapples - Hybrid MJ2 Vs OTL Echo2.

The potential buyer I had lined up was really eager for the MJ2 and ended up coaxing me into a sale by offering bit above my initial asking. However I sat down with the two (bifrost 2 and gung) and ran them ~ 1.5 hrs today to A/B off Feliks Echo 2…Bifrost 2 is easily at 95%…staggeringly so… I’d argue 97-98.5% of Gmby.

So my home rig now has a few different flavors to mix and match:

Bifrost 2
V
→ Jot 2 (solid state)/ Built in 4490 → Verite Closed
→ Feliks Echo 2 (OTL) → Sash Tres
→ Lyr 3 (Hybrid)/ Built-in Multibit → Focal Clears

Added bonus - I can re-pad my bank account.

1 Like

Jason @Schiit did say that even Jot 2 is 95% MJ2. How’s the Lyr 3 vs Echo? Again I know one is hybrid one is OTL, but are they comparable at all?

Not sure…Lyr 3 is on its way with 3 or four tubes to test. Have a Liquid Plat in states I’m curious to compare with ( and have plenty of tubes for - thanks MJ2) Pretty stoked with current config. Its impressive how fast Schiit can iterate and match their older top tier gear. The Jot 2 is a beast and sounds great to me. The idea with the Lyr was playing with powerful hybrid for the Sash Tres and if I ever grab some power sucking cans …which is unlikely but you never know.

1 Like

certainly looking forward to your impressions

1 Like

Also not drawing out all the fucking energy just to heat my apt. That part of the MJ2 and Gumby pissed me off a bit…Jot has been running 2 hrs and is warm…even Echo 2 doesn’t seem to get as warm as the previous stack of Schiit.

Not positive but I believe the only difference between mk1 and mk2 is the output switcher for the rca’s. I have owned the Feliks echo for awhile now and really enjoy my ZMF’s on it.

EDIT as far s I see the espressivo 2
is still available

2 Likes

From the looks of it, yeah, but I also find it hard to believe that it justifies the increase in price and the elimination of the espressivo line

Only other difference is about 30 more milliwats that I see… To me it is not needed

1 Like

Which site is it? I was mainly looking at Feliks’ website

Upscale audio here in the states…

Feliks Audio – Upscale Audio

Ah ok, they are a distributor so possibly some remaining stock (especially with the sales price). Espressivo disappeared from Felik’s own site in the EU

EDIT: http://feliksaudio.pl/

aah…did not know that

And I believe the Echo Mk 1 was priced at 679USD, whereas the Mk 2 now is a lot closer to the MSRP of the Espressivo. So there’s possibly an improvement in sound quality. Anyway, I might just shoot them an email but I don’t expect anything other than a vague response

Well, part of me wants to know and part does not… I really enjoy mine as it has plenty of power for anything I own… With The Bifrost 2 it just sings!

1 Like

I know haha, I really liked my Atticus on the Echo, but I do feel the BHC with a more linear tube has a tad better technical performance in terms of resolution, speed and separation. So I was hoping one day I could get a similarly tuned but better performers Feliks amp, but I’m definitely not curious enough to spend 1k (and its a lot more expensive in UK/EU)

1 Like

seconded…10x…Verite Closed just sings so so sweet.

Hey Dude,

Just came across this conversation whilst web browsing. Looking forward to receiving your Gumby & MJ2 (hopefully this week). I have Mrspeakers Alpha Primes which will really sing with Gumby & MJ2 with a pair of Amperex Orange Globe (A-frame) tubes.

Like you, I am enjoying the tube sound with Echo Mk1. I just stuck in a couple of Amperex Bugle Boys on Echo & it has improved on every aspect of the sound. Even more Euphonic than stock, with more low down grunt (better textured) and gorgeous mids. The stock tubes are flat/dull/linear sounding by comparison.

I recommend you grabbing a matched pair of Bugle Boys, I think you’ll really enjoy them.

Best regards

Already have a set…was running on MJ2…have a few other sets (8 + pairs ) to try as well. Thanks for the tip. Already had them on…tube comparability was one reason went with Echo over others…can reuse the collection. Hope you get the MJ2 without incidence.

@M0N Could we get an official thread for the Feliks Echo mkII, I might do a basic impressions on it in a couple of days and it might be nice to have a place for it to be talked about and have info shared as its become a fairly popular option in its price range.

Didn’t realize we didn’t have one for the og echo

1 Like