New 350$ Planars -Thieaudio Phantom

What’s wrong with Josh?
His videos are different but quite usefull. I like them.

1 Like

Aye Josh is solid imho :+1:

2 Likes

Big improvement in my opinion. Thanks s_beck!!!

5 Likes

Oh they can be useful, but no more than random people’s comments in a video’s comment section or in audio forums. I don’t think he has the knowledge it takes to be a specialized audio equipment reviewer. (But this is a discussion best continued here: Good audio reviewers and ones to stay far far away from )

Materials used and actual construction can have an effect. For example there are several TRN 8 core cables which are only really 4 core because the other cables arent even connected. Others claim that they use pure copper when its not… so getting from a reputable supplier vs getting from a generic vendor can have an impact.

1 Like

BGGAR has now uploaded a video where he gives a first look at Tin Hifi T4… but in the background is a headphone that looks like a new version of the Phantom :thinking:
And knowing he only has very few headphones (2-3?) the comments are also guessing on a new Phantom version and he is also being very secritive and only hints at what it might be. :grimacing:

1 Like

And people moan about Zeos being a shill lol.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can give a review without being accused of being a shill lol

1 Like

He’s saying it’s a Dynamic driver?..it also looks a bit like a funkier version of the M650?

But he is so big a fan of the Phantom, so I would also bet on that.

I’m sure you’re right :+1: I was just adding a it looks like comment lol.

1 Like

So these are on Drop for $315.

It’s a more competitive price, but I think you would still be paying a $115 hype tax.

I disagree. I’m very happy with mine. But that is just my inexperienced opinion.

I’m happy to see this. Hopefully this gets the headphone into more people’s hands and results in more mods and more information.

What would be a reason to get these over $299 Monoprice M570?

Without having listened to them or other headphones, it’s hard to tell. If I had to make a purchase now I would wait for reviews of the M1070, but that’s just me. Having made the purchase before, I can tell you that I wouldn’t sell these to try the M1070, even if they get glowing reviews.

I have both. I am unable to answer your question, the way you worded it.

I think he’s asking if the Phantoms are 50 dollars better than the M570.

can you compare them in terms of sound? for example:

Lows: x is better because of reason Z.

Mids: Y is better because of reason A

TIA