New 350$ Planars -Thieaudio Phantom

Anyone got any info outside of this review? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJVsJEsr6fQ
It is by Bad Guy Good Audio and was interesting.

Also here is the product page…101mm is pretty good size, Audeze like etc.

1 Like

those look interesting. it’s a linsoul headphone so im expecting zeos to review it at some point. but like zeos this guy does have an ablity to oversell what he likes.

2 Likes

Yepp, agreed. He’s like a more critical angry Zeos, but for iems so I’ll have to keep him in my rotation. Looking forward to more news regarding it.

It almost looks like an m1060 with a 3d printed grill with a beyer style headband. Very curious how others will feel about it.

Edit: with some strange vegan type pads

2 Likes

My best guess as to what zeos’s review is gonna be:
A lot of hand waving where he tells how amazing the build quality is and how nice the box is. He will then cover the pad material whether it’s a good pad or not. He will then tell you what pads he liked and whether prefers the stock pads or not. And because this reviewer and z have very similar tastes in iems I assume they like basically the same sound signatures so I’m gonna guess zeos is gonna be like " these are amazing and if these aren’t out of stock before I upload this to YouTube I would be shocked" and then another 20 minutes of rambling about dac / amps he’s tried them on and repeating how much he likes them. Comparing them to thing like the m1060 and the sendy aiva

4 Likes

Place your bets everyone

3 Likes

And that’s where Joshua VALOUR comes in. Talking about how all opinions in the video are his own and no one paid him to sell the headphones, then he’s gonna talk about how they sound like planars and how they look like planars and how they feel like planars but there are better headphones for more money and also worse out there for less
Thanks for watching, my name is Josh signing off

Then dms comes out with yeah these are good, but have you guys seen the video I made for Abyss?
$300 planar tier list next week!!

12 Likes

Hmm. Strange choice of forum to be going around hating on Z and DMS. I mean Josh I understand, but… :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m not hating. I just really want to guess how his review is gonna be because I’ve seen enough of Z’s videos at this point that I know his style very well

2 Likes

I’m really wondering how the reviews will pan out from other headphone reviewers, as you kinda have to take BGGR’s review with a large grain of salt, because of the fact that he has really only dabbled into headphones for basshead purposes, and mainly only focused on iems. I would be less skeptical if this was an iem review from him, but its just too much hype for me to take seriously

1 Like

my modus operandi is to find many written and video reviews and then correlate the pros and cons among them, note outlier issues (which usually stem from bias/preference or factory QC) and make judgement based on that. with that information at hand, if you can’t test something yourself, you can figure out whether you can live with the noted issues.

4 Likes

he did review the hd 58x pretty welll

I ordered them purely because BGGA reviews crack me up. Was worth $350 just for the laughs. No idea if he’s right but he’s fantastically authentic.

3 Likes

Curious about these. It’s like some Chinese warehouse had left over Takstar HI 2050 headbands and put them on a pair of M1060s (which seems like the reference Planar design on Alibaba).

At $350 or $399 from Amazon, there are a few out there like Sundaras or M1060s that I’d probably consider first. BGGA doesn’t have many similar headphones to reference, so I’ll wait for Z to release unboximg in December and review in January.

2 Likes

That’s true, I forgot about that, but he was nowhere near excited about the 58x as he is these.

Agree, it would be neat to run a site that only collects information from other reviews, compiled and accurately analyzed the data, and then presented the information in charts and graphs, with citations to the reviews that provided the most input. Or something like that.

2 Likes

Yeah, do you just love Z for his style of review? :smiley: Seriously though, im also looking forward to Z or other reviewers’ take on these. My interest is piqued.

1 Like

I wonder how Z is going to deal with these in light of his huge rec for the ships 9500 that I still use every day. The Planars are in no way a bargain price headphone so they really have to move mountains before I jump but yes im getting piqued also.

You missed the part about the cable. If it’s janked or smooth. How cheap it looks.

2 Likes

SHIT YOU RIGHT. I find he mostly cares about material, flexibility and how well it can keep stay straight. if it can stay super straigh. some other flaws can be easily over looked.