New 350$ Planars -Thieaudio Phantom

Im actually more interested in how these compare to the takstar planars that are supposed to be cheaper sendy’s

For the price, and considering how well their iems seem to be going, I’m curious about them for sure. I think generally speaking I’d prefer to hear reviewers compare to different sets rather than offer opinions on the sound. I guess maybe offer a chart for folks who are more inclined for that kind of thing.

If these cans at least stomped the Sundara’s then im in. I mean, at USD 350 i cant expect much more. I just hope Z/DMS or other reviewers give their take on these soon to finalize my decision.

1 Like

IMO most cans stomp the sundara on the basis of most cans dont die. I can never have a headphone that has a track record as bad as the sundara and just hifiman as a brand it’s not good for peace of mind. sure while they may sound amazing guessing whether a headphone will break or not is too big of an issue .

1 Like

Thats a good point. People do say Hifiman cans, at least the lower priced ones, are prone to quality issues. However Im not about to disregard them just because of this. It would be shame if people stopped buying them and the company eventually shut down. It would be a detriment to anyone who appreciates good music.

From a consumer’s perspective, i would still give them a chance, hopefully they eventually breaks away from this ill mannered reputation.

the reason why i dont really trust their stuff is the fact that for years we have been telling them that their hinges are bad and they should fix it or things are failing. now I don’t know if it’s a bad abtch or not but they don’t seem to be learning any lessons from past headphones or fixing their current ones I still see the same threads over and over again .

from another consumer’s perspective if their stuff really sounded good and wanty people to trust them more maybe they should do something about that build quality.

Hovering over the add to basket as they’re available in the UK via Amazon…gonna hold fire and wait for a few more reviews tho

3 Likes

More info, a comparison with the Sendy from bgga. Good explanations to work off of too.

2 Likes

From what I’m getting these are a cheaper more mid forward planar that comparable in performance . I’m really interested to see how the takstar planar stacks up

1 Like

Sounds to me more like a joke, I like both, but thought this was spot on.

1 Like

Yikes and here I was hoping for a nice boomy planar

Who’s reading is that?

Interesting anyone else confused?.

That is for the Toneking T4 IEM, brotha :metal:.

FBizzle…
20 Character reply :beers:

If you get one i’ll get one. I guessed at a $20 code and it worked!

found_a_code

2 Likes

I’m uk so…

This is through https://www.linsoul.com directly. They ship worldwide otherwise its $50+ more if I get through Amazon or more without coupon code.

The deed is done for shit’s n giggles…nothing ventured nothing gained…

Bring it on :metal:

4 Likes