New 350$ Planars -Thieaudio Phantom

I’m A/B’ing a Periapt Dual 2.5mm to 3.5mm vs. the stock cable and it sound like there’s more clarity (or detail. not sure the correct term). A noticeable difference. I have read that cables don’t matter, but can this be possible? Anyone else have the same experience or is this just placebo/purchase confirmation/general delusion?

Most likely confirmation bias. Your cable connects to the headphones, and the headphones themselves are internally wired; whatever cable you put in front of it doesn’t matter since those internal cables are the same.

2 Likes

These tubes and a MUSES 2 opamp on a hybrid tube amp also takes away quite a lot of the muddyness.

https://www.ebay.com/p/1230352559

Sacrificing bass quantity though…

WOO HOO!!
I will paypal the shipping bro. Will be cheap for light stuff. I got that. yay. STOKED!! Will put them in a video with link to your shop/site

2 Likes

Hi guys, well i just lost one of the black metal screws of the metal plate, does anyone know what kind of screws are they so i can order some?
BTW after a month of use i will write a little review here in a couple of days which i hope will help some

1 Like

Amazon do mixed boxes of wood screws…

:+1:

What’s wrong with Josh?
His videos are different but quite usefull. I like them.

1 Like

Aye Josh is solid imho :+1:

2 Likes

Big improvement in my opinion. Thanks s_beck!!!

5 Likes

Oh they can be useful, but no more than random people’s comments in a video’s comment section or in audio forums. I don’t think he has the knowledge it takes to be a specialized audio equipment reviewer. (But this is a discussion best continued here: Good audio reviewers and ones to stay far far away from )

Materials used and actual construction can have an effect. For example there are several TRN 8 core cables which are only really 4 core because the other cables arent even connected. Others claim that they use pure copper when its not… so getting from a reputable supplier vs getting from a generic vendor can have an impact.

1 Like

BGGAR has now uploaded a video where he gives a first look at Tin Hifi T4… but in the background is a headphone that looks like a new version of the Phantom :thinking:
And knowing he only has very few headphones (2-3?) the comments are also guessing on a new Phantom version and he is also being very secritive and only hints at what it might be. :grimacing:

1 Like

And people moan about Zeos being a shill lol.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can give a review without being accused of being a shill lol

1 Like

He’s saying it’s a Dynamic driver?..it also looks a bit like a funkier version of the M650?

But he is so big a fan of the Phantom, so I would also bet on that.

I’m sure you’re right :+1: I was just adding a it looks like comment lol.

1 Like

So these are on Drop for $315.

It’s a more competitive price, but I think you would still be paying a $115 hype tax.

I disagree. I’m very happy with mine. But that is just my inexperienced opinion.