New 350$ Planars -Thieaudio Phantom

I’m happy to see this. Hopefully this gets the headphone into more people’s hands and results in more mods and more information.

What would be a reason to get these over $299 Monoprice M570?

Without having listened to them or other headphones, it’s hard to tell. If I had to make a purchase now I would wait for reviews of the M1070, but that’s just me. Having made the purchase before, I can tell you that I wouldn’t sell these to try the M1070, even if they get glowing reviews.

I have both. I am unable to answer your question, the way you worded it.

I think he’s asking if the Phantoms are 50 dollars better than the M570.

can you compare them in terms of sound? for example:

Lows: x is better because of reason Z.

Mids: Y is better because of reason A

TIA

The Phantoms are very modable, I don’t own the M570’s so not sure about them but a modded Phantom for $315 would be very hard to beat imho…out of the box oe then game on.

2 Likes

wanted to write my experience with the phantoms today but it will have to wait more 2-3 days cause im still figuring out some things

1 Like

Im not planning on modding them either, maybe just taking out the foams in them? So I guess the m570 is better for me then. Thanks

and the m570 is brighter than the phantom right? Is it sibilant at all? my limit of sibilance is the Audiosense T800 (iem).

The Phantom is quite dark compared to say the Sundara’s, the highs roll off a bit but the over all presentation is thoroughly enjoyableI and for the :moneybag: I love 'em.

1 Like

What Amps do you guys use with the Phantom? or any other Planars for that matter, Tube amps or Digital amps? I am looking for an amp that will drive my planar headphones ( phantom or something else). budget max 150 usd

im using smsl m3 and it’s doing a great job. price is under 100$ on amazon.
willing to upgrade soon after i save some money

Generally planar’s don’t tube well so unless you go hybrid then it’s probably best to stick to ss, something like the Atom or Topping A30 if you already have a dac?

Liquid spark is also a pretty nice amp

I have the Fiio M11 right now. and the Asus Xonar U7 for pc ( M11 can also be used with pc)

then why did BGGAR recommend this tube?

Sounds like a question to make in the comments of the video. Why would anyone but BGGAR know that?

1 Like

It’s a hybrid tube amp

I use the powerdacV2 its cheap and sounds very good with the Phantoms. Can’t go wrong!