New 350$ Planars -Thieaudio Phantom

What 3mm foam did you buy? Did it change the sound much?

Thanks for the graphs!!!

I actually dont have that 3mm foam either and was looking around for some locally. I might be tempted to murder the foam that came with my HE4XX’s box, if there was a good reason to. I also just have the Brainwavz micro suede and hybrid. :sweat_smile: Those where the only ones on sale! :slight_smile:

1 Like

How does the sound differ from these perforated Brainwavz pads to the fully closed ones?

1 Like

Just ordered the XLR balanced cable on Linsoul for the Phantoms. US$75 looks like similar cable to the new balanced cables they shipped in the final units for run #1.

1 Like

Brainwavz now have an IEM named hex with hex inlays on the body.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Lol, the battle over the hex design

Just like mouse designs.

Finalmouse, glorious, cooler master.

1 Like

Not going to lie… That’s probably one of the ugliest things I have ever seen in my life.

1 Like

Its about performance than looks, just like headphones. First sound looks after!

Those are so light it’s really weird to use them lol

I have one and i really enjoy it. Not a fan of the looks but love how it works. Glorious in my case.

Thanks will check Spectroid

Hi everyone, sorry for the delays with getting my parts out!
A quick update -
One large pile of plastic scrap and one 3D printer later, I think I’ve finally dialed things in!
Here is what I think is the first production batch of grills being printed! I need to play with post-print finishing, but these should be ready to go!

I’m going to finish up the website today or tomorrow, take some nice pictures of the finished products and I should be ready for orders!

I think you guys are going to like some of the ideas I’m working on :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Where will you be selling them?

I’ll have a little website with a list of products and pictures! To start I’m just going to have people email me what they want to order and I’ll send them paypal instructions.
Depending on the demand I’ll setup a webstore to make things a bit easier.

4 Likes

Here’s my review!

7 Likes

what are the specs of the foam you put under the grill? It’s surprisingly hard to find foam lol

1 Like

Amazon do foam :+1:

Oh awesome I didn’t think to search for computer fan dust protection foam

Used it and some 5mm to play around with on my Phantoms :+1: