New Balanced RCA Jack

Recently I saw the news about Khadas Tone2 Pro and they announced that they will use a new balanced RCA jack. What do you think about this new balanced jack? Do you think it is necessary to invent a new balanced jack? Are you interested in using this new audio jack?

lol
Nope, since it would not work with anything than their balanced RCA equipment.
Why? Since better gear and balanced connections are already in the market.
Balanced is Balanced still.

2 Likes

This is a solution that doesn’t belong to any problem.

7 Likes

Might as well stick an MQA label on it. :wink:

4 Likes

This should not exist.
It has all the problems of TRS-balanced (shorting on insertion) without any benefits (is the same size as TRS in the device).
It is even worse than TRS-balanced in the way RCA does not have any meaningful retention system.

They could have gone mini-XLR, or PentaCon. Instead it is a redundant connector that is actually worse than existing solutions.

On the bright side, Triax might make another unwanted return.

5 Likes

This ^^^^  

2 Likes

Done lol…

4 Likes

I agree with you. I thought professionals might want this type of connections for some kind of reason that I wouldn’t know.

2 Likes

I don’t see professionals switching to flimsy RCA connectors. I will always support the release of new tech ideas, but now that it’s out, burn it in a fire. Maybe it will be useful in the future, but not now.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I just can’t even, honestly.

Like I said above, it is a stupid idea that is redundant in more than one way.

What next? Airplane-adapter balanced?

1 Like

I guess i get it from the perspective of keeping the hardware small, but presumably they also could’ve done this with another 4.4 out and then some adapters to get to XLR L/R? Not sure I see this picking up much steam, other than ultra tiny DACs as they’re using here, whats the point?

There is none. Some idiot marketing wizard likely came up with it.

2 Likes

Some inventions are creations of a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist

If they felt really clever, they could have used two 1/8" TRS (= 3.5mm jack) for balanced.