Rumors and new releases thread

I am. May actually sell a few things, and at least the airbags didn’t deploy and the bumper is easy enough to remove. Four nuts and it comes right off.

2 Likes

TRN released a budget dual driver hybrid, the TA-1. Looks good for the price.

2 Likes

This is probably their TRN T3 cable, or a variation of it, FYI.

Khadas released their balanced RCA to 3pin XLR cables.

I hate everything about those!

Relevant thread:

2 Likes

I think a balanced RCA is a dangerous precedent that will ruin headphones or other gear, which is probably why it’s been introduced…to drive business :stuck_out_tongue:

What particularly annoys me about this is that mini xlr exists rendering the very concept of balances rca stupid as fuck

5 Likes

Not so much a new release more so news about Sennheiser:

2 Likes

that’s kinda ominous for their audiophile grade offerings…

3 Likes

:disappointed:

Hope Sennheiser won’t become the next AKG… :cry:

1 Like

4 Likes

darn…you beat me to it, LoL!

1 Like

one of the comments on Drop is that they think it looks like an HD800s. I don’t see it.

1 Like

The tagline is ‘Our most requested headphone’, so a Stax X Drop then?

1 Like

That looks hifiman yoke from that lighting imo, looks like the build of something like a he400se

3 Likes

That’d be interesting, but I kind of doubt it. Stax is one of those companies that never runs sales, etc., so it’d be a big shift for them to offer something cheaper. I also don’t know if there are enough people requesting them. I always think of estats as even more niche than the rest of this hobby

1 Like

That was my thought too. 100% looks like a hifiman yoke

I mean they also already partnered with koss for stats on drop, so I’m sure that would conflict as well

2 Likes

Yes, that was joke that fell flat :slight_smile:

1 Like