Rumors and new releases thread

Just came here to post this. Looks interesting. The LCD i4 is one of my favorite purchases in the hobby

1 Like

On a recent interview the audeze rep hinted at some good stuff coming from them this year om the higher end. LCD-5 perhaps? Either very light or comes with ceiling suspension strap?

The euclid is a great name and it looks damn fine

3 Likes

The LCD i4 came with a great 2 pin cable. I’m slightly disappointed they switched to MMCX for the Euclid, but I’ll live. The LCD 5 has been rumored for the past two years now. The main reason I keep holding off on the LCD 4 is because I know they will announce the 5 as soon as I pull the trigger

2 Likes

Second this and the base can be tamed with fabric pads

Shozy released the Black Hole Mini, the shell is made of wood it seems. Is wood shells the upcoming trend?

1 Like

NiceHCK EBX21,it’s flagship Earbuds with MMCX connectors has been released. Build quality looks quite good. It’s equipped with a huge 14.2mm dd.

Zen DAC and CAN Signature is now sold by Ifi

2 Likes

This is great. Don’t have to deal with drop. I know no one on YouTube jumped for joy over the zen dac signature but they seemed to really like over at sbaf. I had it pre ordered but then refunded when it was delayed and they couldn’t give me a ship date.

Ended up with a Jnog which I’m quite happy with. Will probably circle around to the signature later this year and do some a/b with the burr brown.

Focal clear MG for pre-order 🔶 Focal Clear

https://www.adorama.com/foprocrpromg.html

2 Likes

And that’s a bit too rich for my blood

2 Likes

Kinera has released their latest hybrid iems, The Norn. It’s a 1dd+4 ba setup. All the ba drivers are sourced from Knowles, and the dd has a Titanium plating(although I don’t know what effect does it have on the Sound)

1 Like

One more release from Buson, the “Funk” Headphone Amp / Speaker Amp. 2.5Wpc Class A in the Headphone section, 45Wpc Class AB in the speaker section.

Man, I would have really liked this solution about 6 months ago. Now I think I may don’t have a place for it. Still, I’ll say I’m curious about it, may end up getting one even if for testing and selling afterward.
10 Likes

Exactly in the same boat as you. I don’t think I will resist.

Do the Burson amps have a signature or do they rely on switching out the OP amps as a signature change? So in other words, you pick your own signature.

Like everything in audio, I would say YMMV. From what I’ve read, Burson has an overall warmer sound signature. The Classic and Vivid “discrete opamp” options do slights changes on the highs, while the standard NE5532 has a more “neutral” sound. But I never owned one so, take it with a grain of salt.

Considering the opamps effectively change the sound a little, by looking at the board, it is possible that you can have one “flavor” for the Speaker section, another for the Headphone section. I will inquire them about it, but if it’s the case, this is a nice touch.

Edit: grammar error, sorry.

They are warmish. The opamps do make a noticeable difference. I had a Burson Fun-Classic. I ordered the Vivid’s as many people were raving about them. I ended up preferring the Classic’s.
Changeable op-amps are a cool option to have, IMO.

2 Likes

Guess it should have a post here soon, but Z just shilled another headphone.

Not gonna lie, as someone planning on getting an LCD 2, this is very tempting.

3 Likes

If I didn’t just have to buy a new bumper and didn’t have a truck payment, insurance, phone and cable bills coming up, I’d be tempted to jump on it.

3 Likes

Already? :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m just kidding. This sucks.

Nope. If I didn’t take the bumper off, I’d be trashing the front left tire i bought brand new a month ago.

3 Likes