Rumors and new releases thread

Yes, that was joke that fell flat :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think at one point I think there was a drop april fools for the 8xx lol

So people have def been wanting one

3 Likes

I don’t have the highest hopes. I went from checking Drop regularly to almost never these days. For a little while there about 2 years ago, they really did a good job with bringing audiophile gear to people at great prices. Things like the ZDT Jr and Airist were from that period, same as the 789 and 58x, and it was pretty exciting. Now, it seems like they want to partner with big brands. The selection is smaller, the prices aren’t as good, and they don’t seem to be involved in product design/tuning at all anymore. I hope I’m wrong though, and it’s something great

1 Like

A few of the comments on the Drop page were people wishing for Stax, so I don’t know who is joking!

More recently they also started getting into offering equipment for the same price as retail but offering coupons (I think they called it points) for your next purchase which is ideal if you keep buying from them but it can lead into a spiral of buying something to use up the points.

Sorry for the shit job in messing with the image, but based on the selective parts of the headband and the small part of the grill I would bet on 8XX…but I’m not a gambling man so…

2 Likes

Does it look like this one? It’s a HE400 tho

To me it really looks like a modern hifiman headband of a similar style

Hmmmm I can kinda see where they are coming from now since the headband padding and also the grill, well I guess we will have to wait and see

1 Like

Anyone else see it looks like the headband and pads are velour?

2 Likes

It looks to me like this blon.

I hope it is an 8xx. The 800S is a pretty underrated headphone in my opinion. I liked the 800, but the 800s is a big improvement and I think people continue to bring up the issues of the original.

2 Likes

Yeah looks that way for sure, hmmm now it really does look like a senn lol. I guess as long as it’s a good product from either hifiman or senn I wouldn’t complain

2 Likes

It would be really interesting if it was something like an hd800 but SDR modded or something, but I would hope it’s an S

2 Likes

a Drop tuned HD8XX might be a good seller.

They just had a sale running on the 800s for $300 off msrp. Maybe to soften the blow for people who see it on Drop for cheaper later

1 Like

I listened to this at the gyms and to kill it 50% of the way in… felt like a make a wish ad.

It could tie in with Sennhesier getting out of the consumer audio business. Get rid of stock by using Drop.

3 Likes

Ooooo that’s right, although that would be a damn shame if the only place you could get senn would be from drop

1 Like

Just had the conductor 3XP for 2 weeks in for a demo and was left feeling meh about it especially after all the gushing reviews. From a build quality and form factor Burson sure makes products that are right up my alley including the “Funk”. I’d also like to try out the Soloist 3XP at some point.

Senn isn’t looking to get out of the consumer market, but opening the path for a partnership with another company to boost its marketability. If they’d liquidize their products, the value of the consumer section would plummet. Senn would make very little money on Drop compared to retaining brand valuation.

1 Like