Rumors and new releases thread

But if they want to perform the same trick as the 58x, I welcome it — as I am unlikely to ever dabble in the 800-series otherwise.

2 Likes

The soundstage! Comment

2 Likes

“A new audiophile flagship”

Ok, what Chi-Fi company hasn’t put out a cut-rate “hifi flagship reference noise cancelling dual microphone 3.5mm cabled wireless dairy-free open backed cage-free closed back” headphone for a while? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d LOVE a new cable termination if it is the 8xx. Aftermarket cables are very expensive

1 Like

Well, seems like it’s def an 800 variant lol

1 Like

Don’t Sennheiser call a most of their “audiophile” stuff “professional” equipment? So the sale of their consumer audio wouldn’t affect it (hopefully).

1 Like

I am not the author.
Source: ItsMyGamingSeat3
From drop

Edit: Source

4 Likes

I thought their professional line was more Neumann and the Sennheiser headphones were consumer.

This is also what I understood. Really curious to see where this goes, I can’t imagine a scenario where this works out well tbh. Also curious to the why, from what I understood the consumer market is still their biggest source of income.

In B4 82X and not 8XX

like many have commented, the shadow image given doesn’t look anything like a Senn product.

dont think anyone has posted this, but looks like a peak at clear mg standard (nonpro) version?

2 Likes

I saw it too!

They look like another HiFiMan

Beats by Drop!

1 Like

Definitely possible.

Though a part of me thinks it might be an Hifiman or Audeze.
The highlight on the right looks like an exposed yoke, especially if it’s a one light source photo.

But definitely hoping for an hd800 variant.

1 Like

Dear God, no…

2 Likes

LoL!!! love it!

I’m pulling for it to be an Audeze. We have seen weirder things happen this last year. Perhaps drop and Audeze could pull it together this time. Or Audeze can pull out again and have an LCD 3/4 classic.

4 Likes

Pretty sure Drop pissed on the Audeze relationship by trying to sell their stuff without their permission.

2 Likes