New Band Recommendation requested

Ah well. Marilyn Manson does make some weird things. So maybe not for everyone. Nine Inch Nails is indeed pretty nice as well.

Maybe Intervals or Animals as Leaders might have some things that you’ll enjoy. I do recommend you mostly stay away from they Animals as Leaders album though… The stuff on there is mostly technically difficult, showoff-ish stuff. It’s very difficult for first timers to listen to.
From Intervals I recommend the song Touch and Go. It’s classed as Prog-metal, but it has a pretty Pop-ish feel to it.
From Animals as Leaders I recommend both Para Mexer and Physical Education. Both are also classed as Prog-metal, but they both don’t sound like metal in the first place… Don’t really know what they are. They’re just good.

Limp Bizkit
Creed
Nickelback
Crazy Town
Hanson
Hootie and the Blowfish
Ace of Base
Spin Doctors
Hed PE
Coal Chamber
Marcy’s Playground
Zebrahead
John Tesh

Dire Straits is another band you’ll probably like, The Eagles might also be something to check out. I think there’s no one on Earth who hasn’t listened to Hotel California…

1 Like

PreciousFirmJaeger-size_restricted

1 Like

Dire Straits is awesome. Mark Knopfler is in my top 10 guitarists of all time. Sultans of Swing is a masterpiece.

I don’t really like Dire Straits much. I can listen to their songs, but I’d rather listen to something else. My dad loves them though. I think he had multiple Albums on CD at one point. He got rid of the CD’s, iirc…
Mark Knopfler is a great guitarist, indeed. He makes a lot of stuff seem really easy.

If you like the pixies. The Strokes might be right up your alley. Tbh I can’t give anymore recommendations since I don’t have music similar to anything you listen to lol

1 Like

The Strokes are pretty awesome too. I saw them with The Vines back in 2002.

1 Like

Sorry but Dire Straits is about as milquetoast as guitar music gets. Mastered and mixed well? Sure. But about beige as it gets.

1 Like

I know. I personally prefer something like CAFO by Animals as Leaders, or Waves by Guthrie Govan if it’s concerning guitar skills. But Dire Straits should fit the OPs tastes quite well.

Not my personal preference as I am much more of a metal fan (and Rush fan when it comes to classic rock)…but to say that Mark Knopfler isn’t a great guitarist is ludicrous. Maybe it takes a musician to actually appreciate his talents…I don’t know.

What makes a good guitarist? Speed? Understanding tunings and signatures ? Reading/writing music? Classical training? 11 strings?

Subjective.

He might be the fucking Neil Peart of guitar players but the music is still beige. Jimi Hendrix probably can’t do any of that technical stuff and he did shit no one heard before or since.

Not a Strokes fan whatsoever but yes I can see a big Pixies fan liking them.

P.S. I played drums for 25 years, bass for 6 and guitar for 5.

I’ve played drums for 18 years and bass for 12, as well as the mandolin and the bazouki for over 7.
Each to their own, right? But if that is subjective as you say, then why would you even make a derogatory comment about it in the first place? Don’t bait post man, we don’t need that on this forum.

You can’t pull that “only musicians understand the guitar prowess of xxx” horse shit on me. I’ve been around the block in the music business.

More importantly however is based on the op’s list of faves I don’t see how anyone thinks DS fits in there other than you just hurling your own favorite bands into the mix. if that’s the case I can chuck another hundred or so bands at the OP.

Yeah ive heard Sonic Youth, not really my thing. Heard the Breeders same thing. Heard throwing muses. loved their real ramona album. but didnt like the next one. maybe i should check out her other albums. i’ll check out the silvergun pickups

well the struts are a british band. seem to be into glam and hard rock

“The band’s influences include Queen, the Darkness, the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, the Killers, the Smiths, Oasis, the Libertines, Michael Jackson, the Strokes, and My Chemical Romance”

This list doesnt look good sten. but i’ll check them out

The Foals and Bat for Lashes are british. i’ll check them out thanks!

hmm these guys seem interesting. i mean their american, point against them. but their infuences are good:

“Indie rock, dream pop, chillwave, synthpop, new wave, shoegaze, post-punk revival”

British and their infuences are interesting. i’ll check them out

God no! get them away! away!

Canadian, but southern rock and heartland rock as infuences? i dont think so

idk, punk and hard rock as infuences? think i’ll pass

hmm not a whole lot of info on this one. but soul and blues? think i’ll pass

Southern/blues?! ugh! no thank you.

hmm, canadian. psychedelic rock[2]space rock as infuences. interesting. i’ll check them out

Country! god no! I call country music “the music that wasnt there” hate on a stick. no thank you

Blues?! Dude your killing me. did you not see my list?