New To This Game

So make sure you don’t get the same headphones lol, I would personally only pick one 880 as they are all semi open, they just have different impedance. I would shoot for either 600 ohm or 250 ohm, I wouldn’t go lower than that

The x2hr is fun for sure, but imo they don’t preform when it comes to detail, control, and refinement (but if you want the most bass then that doesn’t matter that much, but it wouldn’t be my pick for competitive personally)

im trying to be cool acting like i know what im taking about lol. Im also working right now so trying not to spend to much time being distracted but hey priority. Will that spark amp you told be about to power the dt990 600ohm be to much to power a 250ohm headset.

So the spark will power the 600 ohm nicely, so I would go for the 600 ohm versions if you want the best beyer can offer. 250 ohm can be powered as well

thanks all, so do you guys have discord and game here’s my name mast3rmind777#8004

If you want to add me on discord, my tag is on my profile on hifiguides (also check my profile if you are curious what I have)

1 Like

You have me wanting to try a 600ohm beyer

2 Likes

The 990 250ohm is on sale here 120$:

https://www.proaudiostar.com/beyerdynamic-dt-990-pro.html

880 250ohm:

Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro Studio Headphones 250ohm

https://www.proaudiostar.com/beyerdynamic-dt-770-pro-250.html

and

Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250 Ohm Studio Headphones

https://www.proaudiostar.com/beyerdynamic-dt-770-pro-250.html

1 Like

Yeah I’m kind of interested in getting one of the beyers for gaming. I have the 990 but it’s the 250 ohm. I kinda want to get the 880s in 600 ohm.

I rarely play competitive games. Used to play the hell out of PUBG on pc but I hate that they started caving into the fortnite ways and added all the pay to play crap. Playing a hell of a lot of COD lately as a way to hang out with my friends during this time. I actually love the aeon 2 opens with gaming on those but I’m thinking I’ll try the 880 600 ohms. Maybe I’ll pull my 990s out from collecting dust and see if they suffice as well.

Nice man im thinking about the DT-770 Pro 250 Ohm since i want that bass and high treble. or the 990 600ohm its so hard to deiced with out hearing it

Yeah definitely. I’ve personally found that I don’t like closed backs for gaming because I hate when I can’t hear myself talking. Or you have to use the feature with the voiceover inside the headphones but that usually has a delay and is more annoying. Open is nicer for chat for me. But if that doesn’t bug you than it is nice that you can hear more details in the closed backs. But I think opens tend to have better directional sound or imaging which would help a lot. I’ll try out my dt-990s with call of duty tonight and let you know how I like them compared to my 58x or 650s. It’s the 250 ohm ones so I never thought to even try them since all day the 600 ohms are the ones to use.

You play on pc right? What’re you gonna use for a mic with the new cans? A mod mic? Or a stand alone like the blue yeti or quadcast? I use the quadcast and it’s pricey but it’s really nice. I’m sure you could get a good stand alone for a lot less too. I think the standalone a just sound so much better than even the mod mics or the mics on any gaming headset.

1 Like

I’m not sure you actually want a lot of treble because you probably never experienced it. It can be harsh and unpleasant

The treble is good for hearing things like footsteps I’d say. That is if we’re looking at more gaming cans. But gunshots can be pretty piercing with high treble though haha.

This is what I’m working with. What do you think i bought the items in the green.

3 Likes

I’ve not heard any beyers so I can’t comment there. I’ve heard treble gets up there on many beyers which is an instant turn off for me personally

Yeah I think that is why they’re decent for gaming and I hear them recommended so often.

Ooh dang you’re going for a full mic as well huh? Nice! My quadcast is just a usb full size mic. That’ll be nice. The rcas are for the Yamaha to the liquid spark assume? So you’re using the mic interface as a dac basically? That interface will likely allow you to hear yourself speak in your headphone in real-time without any lag then I assume? Unlike software that gives lag.

I haven’t heard the liquid spark but I hear good things. I hear it runs on the warmer side in FR so it may tame and harshness in the treble for the beyers as well I’m sure.

Looks pretty good to me. You’re set on using the closed backs rather than open then? I mean if you’re in a quiet environment then I would say the open backs would likely perform better than the closed personally. Better staging so footsteps and such will be more precise as far as what direction and how far away.

If you’re not getting the interface then what will you be using as a dac?